Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What if you can't take medication?

What if you can't take medication?2011-01-18T12:31:05+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Alternative Treatments What if you can't take medication?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sure there’s been a thread for this already, and I’m not sure if I’m posting it in the right place-

I tried strattera for a couple of weeks- no noticeable improvement, and lots of nausea.

I tried biphentin for like a week and a half- no noticeable improvement, and I was so wound up my legs couldn’t stay still when I was at my desk. I felt like I had arthritis.

I went back to my shrink, and he told me that he wasn’t going to try any further prescriptions with me, and I should seek other options- like therapy. (Which I’ve been doing off and on for years, even before the ADD assessment)

I’ve heard that vitamin D, Krill Oil, Omega 3, stuff like that can help, but does it help people like me who might be in the 20% not helped by medications?

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

This isn’t answering the questions you posed, but there may be other medications you can try yet, to see if they help. You could try a short acting version of Ritalin, Dexedrine, and Adderal. You could try a med like Wellbutrin that’s prescribed off label for ADD sometimes, or even look at Tenex. It’s a med that has been used for treatment of Tourettes but I’ve read studies where it helps with ADD behaviour, and when combined with Ritalin is more effective than either med was at treating the ADD alone. Just an idea or two to try.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d have to convince my psychiatrist to write me more prescriptions. :(

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Meg….. ever consider a naturopath??? They seem to have natural remedies for almost everything. I go to one and they proved to be quite awesome (I hate that word). Natural medicine is not usually as instant as pharmacy drugs (pills)….. it may take a little more time for them to work….. but I have had great results for another health issue that modern medicine could not fix in 20 years!!!!!!

……. just a thought???? They work for me.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

For those of you in the Greater Toronto Area with children between 6-16 with ADHD, I am conducting a naturopathic study with Dr. David Brule at the Canadian College of Naturopathy. You can contact my office at CAMH if you are interested.

REPORT ABUSE

gypsybelle

I have had to discontinue taking Dexidrene because of cardiac valve problems. Now I cant find anyone who will see me to talk about 1. whether now that I am on beta blockers, can I start SOMETHING?

2. so far my dr and I have had NO success getting someone to see me and re-evaluate me

3. I am on Effexor xr 150 mg for depression, and it is not enough without my dexidrene. Dr will not consider wellbutrin, because of the dosages recommended

I am really stuck and have nothing left to look for. I am 66 and have been on dexidrene since I was in my mid 50’s..dx then.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)