Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What if?

What if?2011-11-22T14:39:06+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just_Nemo

What if I don’t belong here either does that mean I’m not a real ADHDer or just the odd duck again?

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Having an identity crisis? I think probably one of the best ways to determine if you are ADD is to take the test here and at

http://psychcentral.com/addquiz.htm

Educate yourself by doing what reading you can, and watching the videos on this site.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. Even if it is a little odd.

The psychologists I saw indicated that people are pretty well able to determine on their own if they are ADHD/ADD or not.

Even if you decide that you’re not, you may find some of the posts helpful in addressing whatever issues you may have that cause you to think that you might be ADD.

The people posting here are full of it … Advice that is…and experience. Just as ADD presents itself in many and varied symptoms from mild to severe, so is the advice varied and unique. Make use of it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently got the book “Taking Charge of Adult ADHD” by Russell Barkley PhD and it gave me a lot of new insight into what ADHD is, and what it isn’t. it was very comforting to find that things I’ve never attributed to my ADHD actually /are/ related!

I’ve always said, when trying to justify or explain my experience of ADHD, that I wish other people were able to simply “download” my thoughts/experience/memories because I’m certain that then they’d agree. unlike my little brother I was never terribly hyperactive as a child, and most folks would say that my intelligence is above average – which is all well and good, except that as a result it took me 30 years to get a reliable diagnosis.

I certainly know how it feels to be the “odd duck” in the group, for sure!

REPORT ABUSE

Just_Nemo

I do have ADHD got the paper that a Dr made for other Dr’s and everything.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)