Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What is it like?

What is it like?2010-12-30T20:21:38+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication What is it like?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have never taken medication for ADD before, and I admit, I’m a little bit of a skeptic. I’ve tried to imagine what being “normal” is like, but I don’t have anything to compare it to. So, what is life like on medication?

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

Recognizing that everyone is different and will have different reactions and responses, here’s my experience: 20 mg of Adderall means I start my day by not procrastinating and doing endless meaningless small things. I dig right in and work gets done. Not always correctly, but it gets done. So I guess the best thing to say is it allows me to work somewhat ‘normally’ and also this negates the feelings of guilt at day’s end for not doing the job. No side effects for me. And being closer to normal seems to have helped with other adjustments too such as impatience – except for lineups at the coffee shop whereby one day I may kill some inconsiderate &$#3@$#! for taking too long to order, pay and just for being in my way because I’m in a huge hurry. Not sure what for, but I am. When I’m king there will be 2 lines: one for those who know what they want and have their $ ready, and the other for all others that dither, order complicated fancy coffees, and similar.

Jim

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ive been on strattera since sept and with it i feel less scattered, and less overwhelmed. before meds when people were talking to me my mind was elsewhere, i now hear what people say. when i looked around a room at people or things it was hard to see who was there or what was there, everything and everyone tended to be a blur but now i see what i need to see. i feel so much better since starting meds.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)