Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Whirling

Whirling2012-01-24T21:52:39+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story Whirling

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wolfshades

(Note: I got diagnosed about 3/4 of a year ago, and am currently trying a medication, which until recently has been working. I wrote this at my blogsite and decided to share it here too. Oh and in case you’re interested – the site is http://wolfshades.com )

*thinking* “Shoot, I’m late. Better call a cab.”

“Wait. I’m not nearly ready and if I rush I’m going to forget something. Better get everything together first, then when I’m about five minutes from being ready – THEN call.”

“Good.” I nodded to myself. “Smart thinking”

I ignored the brightly coloured fairy lights flitting around in my brain and set to work.

Lunch? “Don’t need it – I’m buying a sandwich when meeting with a friend today. So… check.”

Boots? “It’s cold out. Got ‘em right here” *Slips boots on.*

Coat? “Right here”

Gloves? “Check”

Hat? “Check”

Anything else? “Wait. iPad. Can’t forget the love of my life.”

Laptop for work? “Got it in the laptop bag. I’ll put the iPad in with it.”

iPhone? “Got it.”

Call the cab. “Ok. I’ll connect up with my bluetooth earpiece and talk to them while doing a last minute check around the place.”

*Calls cab.*

I go out. Lock both locks on the door and walk down the hallway to the elevator. An older woman smiles at me. I nod back and say “hi there.”

I hear the elevator. *Ding!*

The door opens. Something twigs in my brain – so I ignore the elevator and go back to my apartment. Unlock both locks and walk through the apartment with my boots on. Grab the new combination lock so I can head to the gym today. (Lost my last one on my trip to Tofino).

Re-lock the apartment and, as the elevator opens, my phone rings. I tap the bluetooth earpiece and hear “hi there. You called for a taxi?”

“Yup. On my way down now.”

I jump in the cab and, just as it leaves the on-ramp and hits the highway, I realize that I forgot my security card for work. So I think “nevermind. I’ll just have to find a public washroom if I need it, and make sure that I don’t leave the building after 4:30 (unless going home) because I won’t be able to get back in.” Good. It sucks, but at least it’s a plan. I’m not spending the money to tell the cab to go back.

And…just as I get in the door at work I realize that my security card is safe in my laptop back. I forgot it was there. ”Oh good.” I think. ” Serendipity. Thank God for small blessings.”

I get to my desk, plug in the laptop, secure it to the locking cable and turn it on.

I sit back and, after waiting for it to boot up, I finally see the login screen.

Sort of. It’s kind of hard to read.

Ah. I need my glasses. I reach into my pocket. Earphones, iPhone….. no glasses. “I wonder where they are?”

They’re sitting on the counter at home. Right where I left them.

I think “what the f**k is WRONG with me?”

“Why is my brain such a massive blur today?

“Did I take my ADHD meds?”

I did. It was almost the first thing I did today.

Good thing I have an doctor appointment for tomorrow – because it looks as though they’re not working anymore.

I think “well, I’ll have to buy some reading glasses from the pharmacy across the street.”

So I do. Bring them back and sit back down to the computer.

Uh oh. There’s a plastic thing securing them – I’ll have to cut it off.

I get the scissors, cut the tag and put them on.

My vision is blurry.

So I take them off, clean them, put them back on.

Still blurry.

Take them off and look at them. There’s a big scratch across one of the lens. Apparently when I cut the tag, I was way too impatient. Pretty much madly assaulted the $35.00 glasses during my haste to use them – and now they’re worth nothing.

Put them back on and decide to use them for the rest of the day.

Later, I meet my friend for lunch. She says about seven things in the space of a paragraph, and as she says EACH.INDIVIDUAL.THING – my brain captures a relating thought, all of which I want to say to her. When she stops speaking, I can’t remember a single one of them.

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Yesterday I was so sure I didn’t take my pill – I accidentally took a second one – at least I’m pretty sure that’s what happened – perhaps I’ll never know!

I spent the entire work day on one small project but I did one heck of a job on it – colored print, perfect borders, Excel, Word… then I had one heck of a come-down at about 6pm…

Weird.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you Wolfshades…

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Read his (Wolfshade’s) Jan 19 blog. (See above link). It will hold your ADHD attention.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

munchkin: thanks! And congrats on getting the work done on your project.

kc5jck: thank you very much for your endorsement. That’s kind of my favorite one.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)