Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Whooo-Hooo! My first day out…..

Whooo-Hooo! My first day out…..2011-01-04T01:06:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved Whooo-Hooo! My first day out…..

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today I ventured out into the world for the first time since I came to grips with my ADHD….

I still have sooo much to learn about ADHD but have spent the last 3 days and nights on this site and others, reading articles and

have a good start on the crazy stupid lazy book…

The best way I can describe today is ……………….. I felt as if I were walking around completely naked and everybody else in the world

was blind…..

Ohhhhh so frightening yet my brain was on fire with excitement and bewilderment.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel the same way! Just diagnosed 2 months ago.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, just wanted to say hi to all. My first site and forum I found, hope you don’t mind. Found out that I have ADD about a year ago, let me tell you I was so happy to find out, I finally understood I was not that crazy just didn’t know why I was the way I was. Just hang in there and learn as much as you can, so you know what to ask and not to ask a doctor. Thanks for letting me in.

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

One piece of advice I can offer, for what it’s worth, is to educate yourself but do not go overboard or let the ADD diagnosis consume you.

I didn’t realize it at the time, but it was doing that to me. It was also like I had put an “ADHD” label on my forehead and mentally was using it as an excuse for everything I had done wrong, and was still doing “wrong”, rather than focussing on my positive attributes and using knowledge to deal with the condition.

I also found I began “analyzing” everyone else I met or dealt with for whether they had ADD. Perhaps I was trying to make myself “fit in” more, but it became a bit of an obsession and was very counter-productive.

To all 3 of you, best wishes for a safe journey to becoming the person you always wanted to be :-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)