Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Why are you sitting on the floor, or standing up watching TV?

Why are you sitting on the floor, or standing up watching TV?2011-02-04T02:31:49+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Odd Symptoms/Behaviours/Signs Why are you sitting on the floor, or standing up watching TV?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

I have done some weird things while watching TV. Many time I will move from the couch to the floor, sit down on the floor, stand in the conner and watch TV. Other times I am reading a book, on the computer typing manuscripts, and then accused about my lack of attention of movie or TV show.

Has this happened to anyone experience this? What are some of your story?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am watching and listening to TV as I type this. But it is Woodstock revisited, so I’ve seen it before… Did I do the dishes… I’ll run and check! Wait — what we have in mind is breakfast in bead for 400,000… I love that part.

My muscles and joints (body joints) are somewhat stiff – so I don’t move between the floor and couch, ouch.

I do ramble incessantly during movies that just rips my wife, she’ll be like “shut — the — H3!! UP!”. It’s the ADHD laddybug3.

Try sitting on your hands, really – it works for m.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I watch tv in different positions too. I’ll start watching while i’m sitting down, then i’ll get up to do something and find that when I come back I just dont sit down. For the most part I dont think I really get up to do anything, Its like something in my brain tells me to stand up. I wont go anywhere or do anything, I’ll just stand and watch T.V. I dont watch a lot of movies when i do I tend to really focus on it and if I am distracted by someone I get really mad to the point where I have to say something, so I try to not talk or be distractive while watching one. Maybe thats why I get so upset when someone else talks or distracts me…. I dont know, I cant make up my mind on anything today.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

I iron while watching TV, so yeah, I watch it standing up.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Some days, I absolutely have to have it going in the background. Other days, I can’t stand to have it on.

I watch it, or rather, listen to it, when I’m sewing. But the visuals can distract me just enough to screw up, so I usually listen to MP3s of BBC Radio comedy shows instead. They occupy my mind, without distracting my eyes. My favourites are “Old Harry’s Game”, “Million Pound Radio Show”, “ISIRTA”, and “Bleak Expectations”.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sometimes I watch tv while hanging upside down in a big chair I have in the front room. I think it is just part of the feelings of restlessness. I’ve never really given it much thought until now.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tend to hyperfocus while watching interesting programs on Discovery… I love science and reality shows. Last night I just saw this program on public tv late at night. sometimes I’m getting frustrated with my family for trying to talk to me when I am watching my favorite new episodes of Discovery shows. I watch alot of TV. Last night when dudeman (Patrick? his picture is right there to the left – only he had a beard) was in the hardware store and was zoning out on the tv I was totally with it! THat’s ME!

yeah sometimes i take a weird position on the chair or couch. generally even with hyperfocus i am up at commercials or constantly shifting from one side to the other.

My dad had adhd he beats his feet together while he lays back in his chair.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a channel fipper. whitch drives my husband nut. the world is to short to what comercials or have music on that I can lisento when their is comercals. still drive my huband nuts. Hold still, will go to sleep. when it is time to sleep feel like i’m on a caffen rush that never ends.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about DVRs. I found nirvana when my first DVR arrived. I NEVER watch live TV anymore — it just pisses me off!!! I’ll even DVR a show that IS live, and then watch a previously DVR’d show until that one is “ready”. I need to find a life…. ;-)

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I watch hulu a lot on the lab top. I could sit, stand and do almost anything with the lab top.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do all of those things. So don’t worry you’re not a freak.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I have my corcks with the TV., try not to do them when my husband is around. It drives him nuts. (Chanel flipping) The cable box we have I can pause it, Fast forward, still comercial, pause some more, fast farward, ya the show is back on. So far this seams to work for the both of us.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I can’t lay down and watch TV – makes me sick (maybe related to menieres??)

I do stand a lot, drives my wife nuts… she says “get in here and sit if you’re going to watch”

I can’t sit on the floor – knee and arthur itis issues. Drives my legs and back nuts. Plus then the cats think I’m one of them and down there for their pleasure.

Got me a new glider-rocker and I’m going to wear the thing out – I rock pretty heavy while watching TV.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Go in spells where. I will rock out of the rocking recliner, cause ,rocking so hard.

The people down stairs can hear this to.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh hell- if i had a rocking chair i’d be dangerous, hahahaha. we could probably wire it up and run the hydro off it.

i’ll watch tv while sitting on the floor (cos its nice and solid, and hard to fall off- it doesn’t squish or crumple up and have lumpy pillows- you know that story with the princess and the pea? i AM that princess. :P ) but more often while running to the kitchen and back, sewing, doing housework, etc. and then its very rarely. i have no patience for commercials and tv is pretty bloody boring on this side of the pond. i’ll leave it on the tv guide channel or on some loud snow just for the background noise.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)