Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Why does Adderall make me feel worse?

Why does Adderall make me feel worse?2012-12-05T06:31:33+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Why does Adderall make me feel worse?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take Vyvanse 60 mil daily; which works great for 5 hours or so. I have an ‘as needed’ script of Adderall ir 10mil to take in the afternoon after the Vyvanse winds down. Question for everyone….Every time that I take adderall it works for about an hour , sometimes less and then I feel like a complete zombie – sluggish, tired and slow cognitively. Why is this? The couple times that I tried Adderall ir and xr, with and without Vyvanse, I felt really slow a couple hours later. Has anyone else felt this way? Is it a dose issue, or is it me? Why does Vyvanse work, but Adderall doesn’t?

Too bad there in no generic for Vyvanse :-(

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

Adderall could just not mesh with you… all medications work differently with different people – it just depends on the specific person’s makeup. Vyvanse works great for me, but Adderall doesn’t FWIW.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

I’ve noticed that if I take the whole 10 mil of adderall I just want to sleep. I call it comatose land. I’ve found that 5 mil. is a better dose for me. I’m alert and focused and not wanting to go right to sleep.

I read in Dr Halowell’s book driven to distraction some people only need a small amount to do the job.

My sister however does not like adderall and it did not work for her like it has me. Everyone responds different.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

Adderall, was tailor made for my brain. 5mg twice a day, 6 hours apart, and I am good to go. I would be despondent if they ever took it off the market.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)