Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Will meds work for me?

Will meds work for me?2010-02-18T22:28:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Will meds work for me?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was diagnosed 1 years ago with ADHD Im a 35 years old female. I have just about all the symptoms and so does my twin brother. The struggle of my life makes so much sense now. I was the young adult they said had great potiential, but never consistantly produced those “great poteintal” results. Even to this day at my current job I hear, ” when you want to be, your the best on the team, but your not consistant”.

Just started Zolft 37.5mg 2 weeks ago and Ritlian 10mg 2times a day 5 days ago. I dont think its for me because I feel spacey, and my memory and motivation is slowed down more than normal. I am frustrated and dont feel like going through the medication trial and error with its ups and downs.

I have tried Concerta 36mg before it was not very effective and but only lasted 7 hours not enough to get me throughtout my 14 hour day. My Doc is leary about putting me on Adderall because I have high anxiety and says Adderall is stronger than Ritlian.

I have take the diet pill phentrimine before with good results in reducing some of my ADHD symptoms.

I dont know what do! Maybe I am just learning disabled and meds wont work!!

ADDreally is really bummed out!!

REPORT ABUSE

BAM123
    Participant

I am just diagnosed tried adderal and it helped but elevated my B P – so I sopped it. Ia m consider Biofeedback/Neurofeedback and am changiomg my diet based on the ALCAT blood test which has been very helpful in the past. It may also be dietary google ALCAT and consider the test

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anxiety and ADD symptoms may have to be treated separately with a balancing act. But you are right ADDreally, do you want to go through the trial?

I think the anxiety should be attacked first and then treat the left over symptoms.

BAM123, I have no comment about ALCAT blood tests but something I will investigate further.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)