Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

withdrawal? sleepiness?

withdrawal? sleepiness?2011-11-22T19:39:59+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General withdrawal? sleepiness?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t take my prescribed Vyvanse over the weekend in order to sort of clean my system out and prevent more tolerance. I am noticing that I am really sleepy without it!!! =(=(=( I am not depressed or irritable or joyless or craving it.. but really sleepy. After the med peters out at the end of the day, I just notice increased scatteredness and obsessiveness. On the first day without it, i feel a little extra sleepy. On the second day without it, I can really feel the sleepiness. I am still doing normal activities, but it is noticeable.

anyone else with a similar experience?

I’m going to talk to my doctor about it. this kind of freaks me out =(

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same sort of experience but with fast-acting Ritalin. I was not happy having to wait so long to get a diagnosis and be prescribed a stimulant when I found out it worked for me.

That must be messing with your weekend sleep schedule too, right? I am looking for stability myself, afraid of developing tolerance too, would be willing to take a drug holiday, but not every weekend. I’d talk to your doc.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I originally started taking the drug holidays two months ago to help ease my insomnia problems. I then started becoming worried about tolerance and hypomania concerns. My doctor supported me taking as little as possible due to not being thrilled about me continuing to take them under these circumstances (even though I had been taking them for 3 months at same dosage without any problems).

I do think the inconsistency is irritating my brain. Actually seems to balance out my weekend sleep schedule, albeit, in an annoying manner. I hate feeling drowsy. I have always been extremely morning groggy, but I am an energetic person by nature. The added drowsiness encourages a semi-reasonable (ie 1-2am) bedtime. No difference in sleep quality. My boyfriend likes that the drowsiness makes me more bed activity oriented. lol. the lack of arousal is bad for anything that is not bed.sit around and relax-related. focus and motivation to do anything exerting non-recreational effort is out of the question.

I am wondering whether the drowsy is solely a sleep-wake regulation thing. no mood change.

my sleep is improving greatly. eeeeeeeeeee… so maybe this will change the situation? I’m an obsessive person so… well.. i am obsessing that I am becoming some kind of speed freak. somehow the thought train gets ridiculous and I end up shooting up roaming the streets. i already have the pale skin, underweight, and bad skin going for me. i have a very active imagination lol. *sigh* the wild and crazy life of vyvanse, work, and school lol. it is never in my system for social events. but the tolerance is real. I’m not sure if it is ok that 50mg Vyvanse is no longer cutting it and I cannot even feel less than 15mg of dextroamphetamine (never take them together of course). and that drowsiness I feel on day two without is real.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Interesting… when I told the sleep doc I felt like after 2-3 weeks the effects of the adderall were lessening, or “wearing off sooner” and it was having less impact,. she suggested not taking it on weekends, then realized if I did that, I’d literally sleep my weekends away like I used to do.

I find after 3 weeks, mid-afternoon I’m YAWNING and really wanting a nap. The first two weeks I was good clear into late evening.

I find that I am not feeling the “positive impact” like I did the first couple of weeks. It’s almost as if I’ve cut the dosage, but I’m not.

I had a sleep issue anyway, that gray area between normal and narcolepsy. She had a name for it in the report, something about abnormal wanting to sleep during the day, drowsiness.

The extending my sleep, getting to bed earlier, and not sleeping as late on weekends has all by itself helpd a bunch, but the adderall was really helping a lot, at least until the last few days.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excessive daytime sleepiness is the term, and I’ve always had it, would always want to crawl underneath anything like a desk and take a nap (but for me, I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep, part of my sleep disorder). I no longer have that problem thanks to the meds.

sugargremlin, you sure do have a lot on the go! I wouldn’t know what to do in your situation. The sleep part is so important, in my mind. Maybe weekends are just going to have to be for relaxing and doing nothing for awhile. I can relate to that dopey dozey state, though, very frustrating.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

billd, i’ve been reading that for some people, there is a right dose and then tolerance stops or slows from there. but a little too anecdotal for my trust (and yours too I’m sure).

narcolepsy-type arousal doses are on the higher end (per drug book).

my brain is a really confusing place!!!! I am so neurotic! I’m not sure how I even function, but I do… and accomplish a lot long-term from stubborn perseverance..short term, i get nothing done. although, right now..this is the most fast paced high responsibility job I have ever had and deadlines are not on my own clock!

internet blockkkkkerrrrrrrr noooooooooooooo

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Q: what do you mean by narcolepsy-type arousal? daytime? nighttime? confused a bit, but I get that narcoleptics might need a stronger dose.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My drug book has a higher dose range for narcolepsy. At my parent’s place relaxing and feasting on thanksgiving food. So milking the tired lazy hungry feeling. But not howto i wanthave to feelthe on anthe everyday basis! I see my doctor on weds. I should write down my questions! I am taking a computer detox too. Im on my smartphone right now. Maybe ill do a little reading? Nothing to do here so good detox so will cleanse the mind!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m so glad i ran across this thread. if i take a day off, i get incredibly sleepy and a bit irritable. yesterday, i took a day off–and combined with bad allergies right now–i slept almost the whole day away. I just couldn’t get any energy in my bones. Today, i took an adderall and feel better, more energy as usual, but am still sick with the allergies unfortunately.

I’m not sure what to do about this and to be honest, i’m tempted to just not take a day off now.

advice?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am having similar problems. I have noticed that in the last few months I am WAY more tired in the mornings than I normally am. My doctor suggested that it might be a withdrawal symptom because the medication was TOTALLY out of my system by the morning however I have not been able to solve the problem by simply taking a higher dose.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s weird, I can’t sleep on Vyvance. I get 2 hours a day, and only on weekends can I get full sleep.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)