Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Work out

Work out2012-10-21T21:34:39+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Evening all.. Or Morning/Afternoon where ever you may be.

I just thought I would let you know of a routine I have been doing now for perhaps 2/3 months, reg exercise.

I am in my early 40’s and on the max dose permitted in the UK of Concerta XL ( combined type ).

I work an very labour intensive job ( evenings ), manualy moving perhaps 5/8 tons in 3 hours or so. This said, it is no where near enough to make me tired. Solution = Gym.

I joined and decided from the start that this had to be a 4/5 times a week thing.

After work 9pm I do a 50/60 min work out on cardio and strengh and at the week end perhaps a couple of sessions of 90 mns give or take.

IT WORKS<<<< I feel rested when I come home, calmer and more in control over the weekend and thought perhaps this may be of use.

Under the section : Tools, Techniques & Treatments / Exercise I notice that there is a grand total of 3 threads! Is it because you have not tried it or because it does not work for you?

Pete aka <<<<< That guy over there!

PS: Watch out for hippos :P

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Hi Pete!.

I’m glad to hear you’re still around. I agree working out is especially good for us as ADDers. We need that extra dopamine that comes from the “runners high”. I’ve talked enough about my adrenaline junkie antics here so I don’t need ta remind you. But I can tell you for sure the best times of my life have been times when I was vigorously involved in exercise of some kind. Road bikes, then mountain bikes took up lot’s of my time. Weight lifting and body building also did a lot to keep me feeling healthy n confident. Keep up the good habits n hobbies dude. tok to ya soon.

I’m glad ya didn’t get swallowed up by a hippo. I was starting to wonder…

Peace.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Robbo

I have always been here, just timed out and on pause so to speak :p

It is interesting that this section of the site has so little threads!

Bizzare….

WOFH

Pete x

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

I went to a gym once and was bored after a few minutes! I waited for my mates in the spa…I have procrastinated about exercising for years now, but know that I must get back into some form of regular exercise. I used to play a lot of sport, and was always on the go, but as I’ve aged it has dropped to zero. I go for the odd walk and that’s it, but it’s encouraging to hear you guys attest to the benefits of exercising…it will happen! 8)

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

LOL 😆

You have a point there, @leroyanderson. Everyone should be working out regularly.

I think the word that we have the most trouble with there is “regularly”.  At least, for me that’s the biggest problem. It’s so hard to remember to do it, to make myself do it if I just don’t want to, to keep on top of everything else I have to do so that I have time for exercise….

But one thing I know is true is that the more you get, the more you want. An object in motion wishes to stay in motion, or something like that. It’s just getting in motion to start with that is hard.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

“An object in motion wishes to stay in motion” sounds like my brain at night.  Unfortunately, my body tends to want to remain at rest which perhaps accounts for why I keep losing my mind.  🙂

REPORT ABUSE

angelicdemon

@allan wallace Working out in gym’s are boring after a point for me as well,lol.How I started to be able to work out more constantly is I put the treadmill I have in my bed room.Then i set my computer on something high enough i can see while i walk.That way I’m able to meet my 700 cal goal and also not get bored and the time go by sooner.So I guess this would be the one time internet is good,lol.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

What we need is a generator on the treadmill to power our computers.  The more we are on the computer, the more exercise we get.  The thing could be programmed to recognize when we are wasting time on worthless surfing or have spent too much time on one site, and increase the difficulty adding the load of additional devices like the refrigeration, washer, etc.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)