Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

WOW I never knew it was still with me

WOW I never knew it was still with me2010-11-27T09:55:14+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story WOW I never knew it was still with me

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

in some ways is was lucky i found out at am early age I was 8 and in the second grade and my teacher didnot call me a bad student she saw the signs of ADD I am now in my thirties and i just happened to hear about this program on PBS ADD and Loving It! Well that was when i realized that i was not so cured but that my ADD had fallowed me into adulthood. As i was watching this program i realized that i had every problem that they had described. That threw me for a loop. Expecially my Derpession and Anxiety i had no Idea that they could be part of the disorder.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was diagnosed in grade 1, I was taken off treatment around grade 5 or 6. when they wanted to change medication. My parents didn’t like the idea of this so they pulled me out and that was that. Know I’m almost in my mid thirties and just realized this has followed me into adulthood as well. Saw the same show and just threw me back. The depression, anxiety, financial complications,etc, its kinda making sense now.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is amazing that the doctors basically said that I would be cured and would not have to worry about as an adult. Boy was that doctor ever wrong. As I said eariler that I found out that it is still with me that was a big revelation it explainde so much about the last 5 years. You see i was in a car accident and ended up with a double concussion to the front and back of my brain. This accident the dr though that I would be back to work by monday, the accident was on a thursday. The doctors have had major problems with careing for my concussion because I have as they say no ingurys that they can see. Like a bruse or contusion to my brain. I didnt even have a bruse on my face. I was working when i had the accident so at least I got L&I for it. L&I covered most of the medical payments but I had to fight to get what little help I did get. They say there is nothing wrong with me and I am faking it. i have had a headache ever since the accident 5 years ago. Anyways after the accident I became extreamly depressed, I feel guilty for everything weither or not it was my falt or not. I feel like i am always looking over my shoulder, like I am guilty of everything wrong in the world. I am jumpy and scared and i have no real reason why i should feel this way. My anxiety is so out of control, it is like i am just about to go crazy at any second. My stress is to the point of a mental break down. It got so bad that i would isolate myself from everyone. I wonder if some of my problems are just the fact that I dont have the control over my ADD now that i use to before the accident. I have also notice that my sences are on overload all the time. I also get migraines at least 1 – 4 times a week.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)