Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Wow, this site is getting so huge!. got a question about premium memberships.

Wow, this site is getting so huge!. got a question about premium memberships.2013-05-20T13:01:15+00:00

The Forums Forums For The Non-ADD It Runs In Families Wow, this site is getting so huge!. got a question about premium memberships.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Robbo

Hey you guys. I finally decided to sign up for a premium membership. But alas, when I clicked on “upgrade” and got another click closer to having Ricks “P” on my avatar… (don’t ask me how I feel about that) I found this page that says they’re not even accepting any more premium memberships

WT… (what the?!)

Dang!, I can’t win today. I should have taken off for the beach like I wanted to do when I first got up. Maybe I will…

Can anyone tell me how they like the premium membership treats? What I got in mind is participating in a private forum/support group, a smaller one. This is because I’ve been dealing with this ADHD for at least a couple years now. And I’m also much more involved in my outside word as a result.

I still talk a lot. Possibly a lil too much. So even though this site is gianormous, and hard to navigate. I still have a lil bit of misgiving about talking about very personal stuff. Like relationships, and in particular lot’s of the folks I go to church with, and family, and possibly a pretty lady or two. There are several actually.

I like the ladies. It’s not quite an addiction, but I do get pretty carried away with, and possibly even much too much in love with some of the more shapely and beautiful ones.

This can be a problem.

Yep. A big one. Cuz regardless of what you guys may think about me. I’m still just flesh and blood, with carnal needs, wants, and desires galore!!!. I mean real bad gang….

DGMS!

So I would like a private forum to talk about this stuff in. Folks in my life just know too much about me these days. I think they’re spying on me!! lol. I know, I know. This place is huge enormous n big enough that I probably get lost in the shuffle. yep yeeep. We know this.

But the imagination, well… you know.

I went to the link where we sign up for a premium membership only to find out they are not longer accepting new premium memberships!

What The!?

It says this “WELCOME! TotallyADD.com is not accepting new Premium member applications at this time. Thank You for your interest.”  (copy n pasted from this page http://totallyadd.com/pre-register-premium ) 

Well this just does not make sense to me.

Anyone got info on what’s really going on?

Thanks in advance for the low down on premium membership, n if they’re gonna have some support groups for those of us who are very seriously and TotallyADD!. Cuz that would be me you guys.

Totally.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Robbo, it can take a long time for the administrators to see something posted in the Forums, so please contact them directly, via this Contact form:  http://totallyadd.com/contact/

When you’re a Premium Member, you can set up Public Groups (open to any Premium Members) or Private Groups (open only to the Premium Members you invite to join).

Remember, the whole site is still in Beta testing, which means they’re still working on it.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Wow, still in Beta testing huh?

Thanks for the info gal, it is much appreciated. I’ll be able to manage okay.

I have barely used the vast resources that are already here. And I guess there are a couple other places on the Internet where I can still talk with folks and still be completely anonymous.

I like to tell folks that have ADDers (besides myself) in their life about this place. It’s an excellent resource for the families n friends of folks lucky enough to have “Big brains”

Keep smiling Larynaxa

R-

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I don’t use my membership to it’s fullest . it is still the same even on the  concertta  I still can’t pay enough attention to use all that is offered.  I guess that’s is why they say I am a little slow! OH Well!!

REPORT ABUSE

Evelyn
    Participant

Robbo,

I just received an email today that said they are switching to a donation format rather than a paid membership. Which will really help me out a lot. I might be able to slide them 10 or 20 now and then, but that big sum all at once was an elusive critter.

REPORT ABUSE

Pamela

Evelyn

Ending Premium Membership is a bold step for Rick and Ava to take but it has a positive feel to the direction we all want to be heading in.  Premium Membership seemed to be splitting the website and Rick wants Totally ADD to be accessible for everyone at anytime in their lives no matter what they can afford. When times are tough for people they won’t be divided at Totally ADD, all members will now be able to be involved in everything Premium Membership offered. With people like you helping in any way they can Totally ADD will become a stronger more unified community.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Okay, everybody!  This is OUR call to action!

That orange “Donate” button at the top of every page is now very important!

Remember, they brought in Premium Memberships after so many of us said we’d be willing to pay for those memberships, if it would help keep the site running.  But after they did all that work (and hired programmers to create the new website), few people would buy one.

A lot of us said it wasn’t so much the cost, but that it had to be paid in one payment.

Now that the Premium Membership option is gone, it’s up to us to prove that we really meant it when we said we were willing to pay to keep the site running. 

If we can’t manage one large payment, then we need to get into the habit of making a little donation every month or so—or smaller donations more often.

It would be a real tragedy if this site had to close due to lack of funding.

We need it, and we love it, and it’s up to us to help keep it going!  We can do this!

I’ve just donated.  Who’ll join me?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Wow – how did I miss that one? I wondered about the donate button but hadn’t realised the ‘big P’ had gone.  I guess I have been a bit tied up at work recently. The more we talk about it the better – especially for us Pi types.

Well done Rick – it’s good to have open access. Thank you. Guess we need to remember to actually donate now.

REPORT ABUSE

Evelyn
    Participant

Larynxa

I’m with you, it’s just a small donation, but I can at least contribute now. Gratefully pleased to do so too!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)