Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Xmas shopping – who's gotten it done?

Xmas shopping – who's gotten it done?2010-12-07T12:29:07+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Xmas shopping – who's gotten it done?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t.

Every year I swear up and down to myself I’ll get it done before Nov. 30, and every year it gets pushed to the last minute for some crazy reason.

This year, my company was giving me a 30% discount on stuff on zazzle.com, so I madly emailed a bunch of people and asked them for their t-shirt sizes….then found out afterward the shipping was murder, and I can’t afford to buy that much stuff! Mind you, they’re all expecting t-shirts now…heh.

Seems to me Christmas is one of those holidays ADDers crave for the chaos and then rue when they have to deal with said chaos.

Thoughts?

REPORT ABUSE

billd

For the first time ever – I’m about 50% done. Sorry.

I saved money away in an envelope for 2 years (I kept forgetting about it), and started shopping back in October (only because I was in the middle of a place surrounded with stuff to buy I knew certain someone’s wanted)

But to wrap it up (HAHA) is taking me forever, and it actually is a huge effort to get the last little bit done – then to actually WRAP ’em, it’s like I have to force myself to stay put that long.

You pretty well summed it up – then I get really low when Christmas is over and the mess it cleaned up and there’s nothing left to do….

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I buy through the ;year I get amazing discounts. Plus I make things or should say I paint so I do pictures’ . There is alot on youtube for

crafts. You can make things for next to nothing. Nature is full of it. I get logs and make a long decorations. Baking is some else. I went

to Fenchies the other day and found winnie the pooh and tiger bran new. I buy of kijiji. I pick up things there I just got two chairs

for five bucks at an estet sale. You can make dough art. started thinking about different things you

can come up with amazing idea’s. One year I make jean purse’s cut the legs off make straps out of them put a belt or scraf on the purse. most of my gifts are second hand or 75% off. There are a few idea’s youtube is full of them. Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I lucked out- zazzle ended up having a t-shirt discount/free shipping deal yesterday, so I grabbed a few more items and made an order! Got a pretty good deal- so I spent about $12 a person.

I’m also making a book of poetry for my parents and closest friends.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use gift bags so it saves me the trouble of wrapping. I’ve also been known to regift sometimes. I primarily buy my family and friends books to read. I get them as soon as they come out so I end up getting my shopping done pretty early. Having cut out people I no longer really care for saves me a lot of aggravation. I go by the mantra what have you done for me lately and if the answer is no even if we’re related by blood I cut you out. It takes more than blood to make family. I’m closer to some of my college friends than I am to family that has proven to be abusive over the years. I don’t care for the blood is thicker than water crap.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amen to that.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Megatron I write poem’s also and put them to paintings Here is one of them love to read of piece of yours.

I called this one

The Devils Hold

I sing these words to waken my soul .

To try to teach the young who don’t know

The lessons of life they will learn for themselves

There deaf to ma, ma who tries to tell what life might hold, oooooooh what life might hold

They look at you like a stranger in the night

You scream inside for their soul

Who your losing to the devils hold,who your losing to the devils hold

I yearn to fix what they can’t see

But in the end he’ll see when he is screaming inside for his young to see

You look at the past and see the pain you gave

Shaking your head poor mama what she endured poor mama what she endured

life cannot be seen until you live through the devils hold

Until you live through the devil’s hold.

Written by Clamdigger

I write about my life experinen’s in life I did a painting for this poem but most of them are on the dark side of life.

hopefully you’ll post one of yours I love this site I meet amazing people.

we have poets painters, Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Dennis

Ha-ha-hah, ha-ha-ho-ho, ha! “Who’s got it done?” Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Pardon the sarcasm! No, I’m not done. In fact, I start today because someone is taking me out to get it done. Bless her heart.

There was a time I would go broke at Christmas, but I have done a complete reversal on that. I now use the “Hey, help me make a list, and help me stick to it, and make sure I don’t start up-selling myself on a better or more expensive version of a gift for someone, and please say “No!” to me lots” technique, but it takes two to do it.

One year I thought I would buy everyone a cologne or a perfume for Xmas. So, there I was at the Bay on Rideau street, figuring it might take me twenty minutes to do this. About three hours later I left the store and hopped on a bus to head home. As I sat there I said to myself “Wow! That’s some strong smell!” As I rode along I realized that it was me. After three hours of spraying testers and going back and forth trying to figure out which had a better smell and who would like what, I had inadvertently turned into a mutant every- perfume-and-cologne-in-the-Hudson-Bay-store-homogenized-as-a-walking-scent-sample, a creature so hideous that people started to move away from me and hold their noses in disgust. This time, they really were staring at me.

Lesson- Skip the smelly stuff for Christmas gifts.

Dennis

Now Scent Neutral

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine is pretty much all done. We do a Secret Santa thing where you pick a name out of a hat, and all you need to buy is one gift. I let my wife handle all the Christmas stuff, since she loves Christmas and I can’t stand it! I’ve tried to keep myself in a coma these past few weeks, in other words, nothing or as little as possible Christmas-related. It’s helped me a lot, since it hasn’t been as stressful as in past years. I’ll be happy to celebrate Christmas in its proper time – on Christmas Day!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)