Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

yes, it looks like ADHD.

yes, it looks like ADHD.2010-12-16T22:36:07+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am yes, it looks like ADHD.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all,

I was just officially diagnosed with ADHD and possibly bi-polarism.

I am 42 years old and have had struggles my entire life. I felt I could fix it, I have dozens of self help, personal awareness and other books to prove it. heck, I even finished a few of them. :)

With my second major crash into depression and anxiety in 6 years just happening, I finally ran for help. All the books had at least given me the ability to look at myself as I was going down. I could see what was happening, see my usual disorganized struggles getting worse as I was spiraling downward.

Since I had not followed up on an ADD assessment years ago, I revisited the disease. 92 out of 100 on the assessment test in the appendix of “taking charge of adult ADHD” book. The next day in my primary doc’s office I picked up a pamphlet on bi-polarism while waiting for a routine checkup. I hit every mark on that as well. The latter kind of scared me.

Knowing that I do not think like my friends or co-workers and knowing that I have been unable to solve the problem on my own, I called for an assessment for both ADHD and bi-polarism.

The psychiatrist did her thing and decided we could go after the ADHD symptoms first. I have been on Adderall XR for 7 days now. Noticing some changes in my thinking process and some other positive signs. Looking forward to the followup visit next week. I feel like the meds might need to be a bit stronger but already feel a difference in myself. Now I need to learn to live with this in a positive way and pick up all the pieces.

I stumbled across the “ADD and loving it” documentary on KCTS9 last night. It is so nice to feel I am not alone in this any more. That others know what I am feeling and going through. I cried a few times as people talked about things that have frustrated me so long. It increased my sympathy for those who have had to deal with us.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gonzo025, I was hit with the possibility by my mother and my wife as kind of a team effort this weekend! I took the test and failed miserably, or maybe i passed with flying colors at having adhd? Still have to go see the doc for an official diagnosis, but everything seems to fit in place. Have to admit that I wasn”t real thrilled at first, but at 43 years old, it’s just a possible gift, if I can get better control of it, even if medicine is needed!Haven’t seen “ADD, and loving it” yet, but hope to see it soon. I am just glad that there are alot of us out here in this world, and in just about every profession! Take care and good luck with your journey!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)