Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

"You make everything so complicated!"

"You make everything so complicated!"2012-03-10T02:18:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? "You make everything so complicated!"

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ashockley55
    Participant

That’s what one of my co-workers said about a discussion I had with my boss about my bathmat today.

The cat yakked on my bathmat and I wasn’t sure about how to clean it up. The last time I washed my bathmat, the white stuff on the bottom of it flaked off. Don’t want that to happen again.

Boss said to wash it on the gentle cycle.

“But can I dry it?”

“No. Hang it out to dry on your balcony or something.”

(Co-worker sees the look on my face, says)

“She’s not going to do it. She’s not going to do anything you just said.

I say,

Well, what do I do while my bathmat is drying? That’s just too involved!

They tell me to put a towel down on the bathroom floor while the mat dries.

This is not pretty and is unacceptable.

They tell me to go to the dollar store and get a cheap mat to put down while the mat dries.

This is even less acceptable.

That’s when the “Oh my Gooood. You make everything so complicated!” comment was uttered.

Anyone relate to this?

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Only.. like, every day! That’s what I hear right before i end the conversation and walk away. I’m so glad for them that their life is sooooo uncomplicated. Whoopdy doo!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Oh god. I just got the most horrible flashbacks to my childhood then. I’m actually shaking. I didn’t stop getting that crap until I moved in with my husband – actually I wonder if people still say it and it just washes over me now.

The dyspraxic type stuff doesn’t help. I will try to do things with my right hand twisted over my left wrist and vice versa. Like opening a jar. or a purse. I was always dropping change everywhere in shops. YES. I make it complicated. BUT to me it’s the only way that comes into my head so it’s hardly my fault!

By the way, I have 3 bath mats now because it takes me so long to wash them once they get as far as the washing pile that I had to do the towels on the floor thing for weeks at a time. That just makes MORE washing.

And, once in a posh hotel, I used the bath mat to dry myself because I didn’t notice it wasn’t a towel?!

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

All my bath mats keep getting ruined. One of them got melted in the dryer, and the other got hung outside and forgotten and destroyed in sun & snow… now I’m just using an old towel on the floor. Pretty? Um, pretty functional…

Oh – it took me several hotel stays to understand why they had that one thicker towel, and no bath mat – haha Tiddler you crack me up :)

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

I think I’ve done the same thing with the hotel bath mat! It’s their fault – they shouldn’t have bathmats that are so similar to the towels!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the issue…hotel bath mats are soft, absorbent and ohhhh..sooo clean. Also they take up too much room in your suitcase which leaves…..more room for dry towels!!!!

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL I love this place!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)