Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Your not alone

Your not alone2013-11-14T15:27:45+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Lost/Losing My Job Your not alone

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Techdog

I lost my job again at 57 it’s harder to find something worthwhile and not demeaning.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

That is tough, especially at the age of 57. Harder to find someone who’s willing to hire you.

One word of advice, especially if you are in a position where you can’t stay off work for too long, don’t worry so much about finding a job that isn’t “demeaning”. A paycheque is a paycheque and it’s only demeaning if you see it that way.

Every job I have ever had falls into the demeaning category. And I have to admit some days it did get to me. But not because of the job. It was the being treated like a bug by people who think they are better than me because they have a better job that got to me. But where would they be without all the little bugs like me?  What would they do if they didn’t have someone to serve them their coffee and clean up after them?

All jobs have value. Like the old saying goes, somebody has to do it. Just find the value in everything you do and do it to the best of your ability.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)