Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

12 years ago…

12 years ago…2010-02-26T02:11:58+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I asked a doctor I was seeing about ADD. He said that “is a kid’s disease!” and immediately dismissed anything else I said thinking I had depression. He promptly put me on Amitripoline (sp?). That worked really well. Gave me some of the worst night fright ever.

I guess depression was a logical guess because I had prior treatment for it. Treatment never went well though. I had a severe reaction to Prozac many years ago when it first came onto the market. I hallucinated. Like being in cartoon land 24/7.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is why it is important to make sure that you are seeing a doctor who is familiar with, if not specializing in, Add. Ever wonder why doctors refer to their practice as an art but not as a job or a science? It could be worse -my husband finally went to a doctor for a medical condition and was told it was all in his head. Just gave him anti-depressants and sent him home. He died from it (congestive heart disease) five months later.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)