Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Adderall increasing forgetfullness

Adderall increasing forgetfullness2010-12-03T02:13:39+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Adderall increasing forgetfullness

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

billd

I slept much better last night – got almost 6 hours.

I grind my teeth – or more properly, clench my teeth. Dentist says there’s a difference. I’ve always done that. Seems no better or worse on the meds. But this is Tuesday, Saturday was day 1, so that’s only 4 days.

How long till things settle?

I felt edgy, anxious, a bit jittery, and almost “unhappy” (hard to explain) for a while this AM, about 4 hours after taking it.

More settled now.

Is it helping? Dunno – can’t rightly say.

REPORT ABUSE

Lucky77

Hi billd!

I have now been on Adderall XR for about 2.5 months. My dr has been adjusting my medication doses

I am up to 60mg a day, and have some Dex tabs incase I am working late to supplement the xr when it wears off.

It definitely took some getting used to, and adjustments but I am happy with the results.

Side effects such as grinding/clenching teeth, high blood pressure, insomnia and jitters have gone away.

I even my appetite is back to an acceptable level. I did lose close to 20lbs whichis a lot for a petite woman.

Now that a week has past since your post I would be curious to hear how it is going.

My dr told me that it takes time and adjusting doses to get it right.

REPORT ABUSE

artistanista
    Participant

I’m sorry the topic was changed during the responses. Yes! I have experienced forgetfulness with Adderall. Names, I’m an actress (20 years) and could not remember my lines to save my life. It is a different kind of forgetfulness. It is as if there is a complete blank. I’ve forgotten where I was driving also. It is definitely a side effect as I would avoid taking it when I needed to remember things at work. My doc finds it difficult to believe this side effect. I’ll say after taking it for a while I have adjusted and just work extra hard at memory techniques. It is frustrating because it is helpful in every other way. I’ve tried Ritalin and was the 1% that had thr side effect of constant yawning. So who knows. I’m glad I’m not thr only one.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)