Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Adderall & Vyvanse: Tongue soreness

Adderall & Vyvanse: Tongue soreness2012-11-05T16:54:48+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Adderall & Vyvanse: Tongue soreness

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

dht923nh

I just started taking Vyvanse again after a 1-1/2 year hiatus to fight breast cancer. I wanted as few other drugs as possible while going to chemo and radiation.  My doctor gave me the same dose I took before (70 mg) and the tongue movements and mouth soreness were so bad in 4 days I had to stop taking it.  Healing took a week and a half.  My doctor now has me dissolving one capsule in water in the morning, and drinking a reduced amount to see if I can get the stimulant help for ADD needed on a lower dose without the mouth sores and tongue movements.  Yesterday I took 50 mg and had good ADD focus, but the tongue movements were still strong.  Today, I took 40 mg and seem to have good focus but still incessant tongue movements.  If I continue to have the mouth issues on lower doses, he’s given me a prescription for Adderall to try.  I remember having this as a mild side effect before, but nothing like this!  My doctor says that if the Vyvanse and Adderall are no longer an option, there are still a number of stimulants we can try before we move to non-stimulants.  I hope I can tolerate a stimulant because it helps me make better food choices in addition to giving me the focus I need – my ADD impulsiveness causes me to eat more junk than I would like!  I’ll report back on my experiment in case it helps anyone else.  Wish me luck!

REPORT ABUSE

iamsotired

Adderall can definitely cause this…especially if you take too much.  I’m on 30MG and twice I took a second dose forgetting I had taken the first (I truly am ADD 🙂

I found myself constantly rubbing my tongue across the fronts of my top teeth.  This caused me to get lie bumps on the tip of my tongue.  I would also get an earache and accidentally bite my lip (it was like a was losing mouth/tongue/jaw coordination).

Then having the lie bumps caused me to move my tongue around even more to feel the foreign matter, which just made it worse.

For me drinking lots of Gatorade on ice helped a lot.  While I’m sure the hydration had benefits as well, the coldness and flavor seemed to calm down my mouth movement.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)