Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD and keeping on topic

ADHD and keeping on topic2011-08-18T13:46:49+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! My Story ADHD and keeping on topic

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

munchkin

The worst thing is to suddenly realize – hindsight 20/20 – that I’ve been jumping all over the place, and everybody stopped listening quite some time ago… I feel like my zipper was open, but nobody was kind enough to say “xyz.”

I think I’m going to start taking medication in the evening so I don’t turn into a blab-mobile after 5pm – I’m trying to see if my husband can help me realize what’s happening without hurting my feelings… tough thing to ask him to do.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I have a hard time just eating one slice of pizza too (just having fun with the “keeping on topic” topic)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Munchkin it is always good if your mate can provide feed bavk as long as you remembe you asked for it. My wife is my best resource for loving and caring feedback I know she is trying to help.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh man this is so totally me lol!

Most of my friends either have adhd and are diagnosed but most are undiagnosed but now that I was diagnosed 8 months ago I can totally see it! My parents never understood me and it was like watching the inner eye roll are u about done talking now? In my adult years they just learned to cut me off lol! I am an adopted child and when I met my biological mom it was a match made in heaven, we can talk for hours, we jump all over the place in a conversation go from one topic to the next and I finally felt like someone truly understood me! I also have a huge problem with names, I have found that the more times I say the other persons name in a conversation the better chance I have of remembering it, most linear people don’t notice but I do find it helps! The medication helps for me to concentrate on a conversation most of the time but now I am more aware.and try to concentrate on the actual topic of conversation but the bigger problem is that I get bored I end up day dreaming and think come on just get to the bloody point already! I also hate meetings and they are always so long so most of the time I miss whats being said and just end up feeling stupid! Most of the time if I can I make an excuse.and don’t go! The main thing I love about this forum is that most everyone else jumps around in conversation too so its easy for me tp follow lol! Ok theres some of my ramblings!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

99.9999999999% of people on this planet cannot understand or even want to attempt to hear the whenI burn through topics at a rapid pace and so I end up being a good listener ( not at all … But I do not have any choice)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)