Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD Convention?

ADHD Convention?2011-02-21T22:37:33+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other ADHD Convention?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going to look into things here for Aug and see what is going on…. I know we can do this…. We all have talents and we need the public to be more aware of Adutls that have ADHD I had a Dr that said I thought you out grew this… So Lets toy with the Idea start putting down our Idea’s here and see what we can come up with…. I need imput on my sujestions…… But what do you guys think…..

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

Since i’v seen some musicians, singers, and comedians posting, lets have some entertainment too. Given our life issues, we need some serious fun. Some dancing might be fun too. Also, having more than more convention at the same time would enable us to connect through teleconferencing.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I made the comment I didn’t mean that we were lazy add63 It just came out wrong sorry….what do you guys think about Halifax being the first place…

Were is every one from? But what do you guys think about Halifax I can look into things and Post. some of the cost and what are the cost.. We have to make this as cheap has possible….. I’ll post next week…. Devils Holds ADHD…. Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I made the comment I didn’t mean that we were lazy add63 It just came out wrong sorry….what do you guys think about Halifax being the first place…

Were is every one from? But what do you guys think about Halifax I can look into things and Post. some of the cost and what are the cost.. We have to make this as cheap has possible….. I’ll post next week…. Devils Holds ADHD…. Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

Lets break down the tasks. Not rush into it. First locations, generally take it as country->state/province->region.

USA->California-> Northern, Central Coast, Southern

Anyone else, add your info to the list. Events(they take into account our short attention span):

Live stage plays with our favorite moments, laughing at ourselves.

Round table discussions of various issues: life lessons, married life, single life.

Let us showcase our talents: singers, musicians, artists, comedians, etc.

Married couple groups, singles groups.

Starting your own business ideas and tips for any income level.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Canada/Ontario/Toronto area

EVENTS:

Guest speakers:

1. how to declutter
    2. time management
    3. dealing with distractions

Non-ADD Spouse groups, Dual ADD marriage groups

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

>Non-ADD Spouse groups, Dual ADD marriage groups

We need more details. Clarify this more.

Discussions for married couples: Both with ADHD, One with and without ADHD.

Dealing with communication issues, Sex&Love, Money, Household tasks assignments

We want to make it not too long a drive. Say, no more than 2hrs.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Hi all, some great thoughts I think when you pick a spot you will have to give at least one year notice from jan to aug of the next year. so people can save some money and book holildays , any speakers would want a lot of time to plan. if the planing starts now the first one should take place in the summer of 2013, that would give you the time to put all things in place.

REPORT ABUSE

Johane

I think this is a great idea, I’m not sure that if started planning now it would have to be in 2013 though. We could easily plan this for summer 2012.

I think we should also include a couple of other very important topics. We are focusing on our own adult ADHD, however our ADHD is very seldom in a bubble of it’s own. Yes, we have serious issues to deal with when it comes to managing our lives, relationships and homes. However we must not forget the children. I have severe ADHD. I also have 4 children, 2 of whom have been recently diagnosed with ADHD – luckily enough they have a milder form of ADHD. We are in the process of having another one of our children tested. The last child is not displaying any problematic symptoms yet, so we are waiting – either she doesn’t have ADHD, or she is not challenged enough with her regular work, and as such she can better control her currently undiagnosed ADHD.

I feel that an important topic we need to cover is how do we as ADHD parents raise our children – ADHD and non-ADHD? How do we deal with issues such as homework, discipline, housework… How do we not get distracted by a child’s subterfuge and keep them on task when we can never stay on task? Is it a situation that has to be do as I say not as I do, or can we really do something here?

I look forward to the first Canadian convention. I’m also willing to work on planning it and organizing it. Someone has to start planning. DM me.

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

So, lets move on to next topic. What type of activities and when? Lets start with day weekends are usually good for most. Specific times for everything is not so good for us. Some events need to at a set time, but most don’t have to be. For our need to multi-task, some events should be run at the same time. So, we can switch around as needed.

We have round table discussions for small groups. Large lectures are to us boring.

Plays with our favorite failings.

talent showcase

more….

So, the classes of events, what should do first to get people excited? general event order?

Also, central coast CA, USA. I know the area well. So, I could find the California event area where we can hold it.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)