Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Alienation and Hurtful Comments

Alienation and Hurtful Comments2011-09-16T16:12:45+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Cranky/Arguing/Frustrated Alienation and Hurtful Comments

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t really remember Romper Room that much, but I do remember Friendly Giant (like wolfshades), hated Mr. Dressup. Do remember a show something like Chez Helene, I was sick at home a few days in early grade school and remember watching her. When I was old enough to go over to a friend’s house, I remember the Mouseketeers Club (and I had a Mouseketters’ hat too).

Also watched channel 7 buffalo so had Howdy Doody, Clarabelle, and the robot guy, forget his name, think he was a local show. How about Bozo the Clown?

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Channel 7 – and Commander Tom!! :)

Oh yeah, and Bozo. Didn’t George Costanza berate a clown on Seinfeld, because he had no idea who Bozo the Clown was?

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Mr. Dressup was kind of lame come to think of it :-) “Let me see what’s in the tickle trunk” he’d say, then pull out some costume hat or craft thing. Although I never realized that until a few years ago after he died ( for real) and they played some “highlights” during the news story. I remember thinking it was pretty mundane at the time compared to some of today’s stuff. But back in the day where there were only two English channels not much choice! Unlike some of you guys I did like the puppets though! Gerome the Giraffe on The Friendly Giant was my favourite.

Never saw Bozo the clown, I actually thought that was an invention of the Simpsons :-) Oh well…who knew

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Didn’t the Culhanes of Cornfield County have a gas powered TV?

Somewhere in my scrapbook is a letter received from Romper Room – apparently I’d written to them about something (obviously with mother’s help at that age) wonder if that’s worth anything on Antiques Roadshow?

toofat – want to somehow exchange email addresses and chat?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You guys are a hoot – newbie newly diagnosed, at the age of, well lets say I have a vaccination scar, and I whistle for my dogs using Friendly’s call for Jerome – doodly do de do, dooodly do de do – and get funny looks from the 40 somethings thinking where have I heard that before…

I feel bad about the flaming, b/c there is nothing worse than being dissed by someone in what you once thought was a safe place.

However, keep in mind that’s their stuff, not yours.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

What a social experiment this forum can be – – sometimes I wonder if we are guinea pigs to see how ADD people will interact with each other. I have loved the respectful debates, and the warm acceptance of people struggling on all different levels from basic functionality to dealing with the corporate work world. When negativity has shown up here it has been tough because we are all entitled to our feelings but not everyone’s mind is a “safe neighborhood.” A forum is no substitute for therapy, and having ones needs go unadressed will make some people lash out. I have thought about saying something about what people should or shouldn’t be focusing on (hyperfocusing on?), yet I stopped and thought, who am I to say what’s right or wrong for someone else… But to see the people whose words I look forward to reading, that keep me hopeful, disappearing from our beloved forum, is so sad and disappointing. I suppose we can only vote by not writing on threads that contain negativity so they will drop out of sight, and reviving the ones that contain gems about issues that new members are asking about by adding new comments to those. Too Fat, thank you so much for having the courage to come back and be real about what’s going on. I love how you have adapted to ADD and your experiences and point of view are like a breath of fresh air to me – in a lifetime of saying, “oh yes I can!” and having to believe in myself when nobody else would, it is priceless to be able to hear from other people with your kind of resilient attitude. I hope we’ll see our friends posting again, and I hope you won’t give up on this forum – others are reading your posts and laughing with their spouse too – hang in there, we need you :) It’s nice to see you in the magic mirror today :) I feel my mood lifiting like I’m walking on those romper stomper thingies!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

LisaF…..I believe that as well. Munch…..what can I say thanks so very very much!! If I am patient with events in my life, and take time to process and sort things out, and if I listen, my heart will serve me well. In the end, absence it seems, was/is not in my best interest. I get fed here…..very much…… you folks and this community feed me!! :)

I was compelled to share your posts with my partner……she just smiled and said “awwwww…….their so sweet”.

‘Yessss….. Honey, they are”.

toofat :)

REPORT ABUSE

billd

>>If I am patient with events in my life, and take time to process and sort things out, and if I listen, my heart will serve me well<<

I wish I could be…….. things happen too slowly. Even the speed of light is too slow for me. Microwaving a hot dog takes forever. When I want something, I want it NOW, not tomorrow, not in 2 hours, NOW.

My heart may now be paying a price……. I’ll soon know, but not bloody soon enough.

The ability to be patient is a blessing you have – treasure it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shari Lewis and Lambchop!

Beany and Cecil

Bullwinkle, Rocky, Boris and Natasha

Tom and Jerry

thanks for letting me reiminisce through my childhood glued to the tv on saturday mornings, fighting with my brothers for the dial knob (remote control back then meant that whomever had the knob was in charge of what we watched).

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Don’t forget Captain Kangaroo! :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)