Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Any gamers out there?

Any gamers out there?2011-03-03T23:44:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Any gamers out there?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Shadow Nexus

I’m looking for gamers. I’m sure there other adrenalin junkies like myself, given were mostly ADHD people. Maybe we can get a separate forum for this. I play them to work off that natural aggression that an ADHD person usually has. The other reasons having a bad day and escaping the reality of daily life. Becoming the hero who saves the world, etc.

Some of favorites are Oblivion, Crysis, F.E.A.R., Nexus the Jupiter Incident, The Witcher, Empire Earth.

What are your favorite games? Talk about why you like them.

REPORT ABUSE

Orion

I think games are a natural attraction for a lot of ADDers. It’s most likely the hyperfocusing in a virtual world. The thrill of battle, the exhilaration of sport, the intellectual challenge of the quest. It’s brain candy. I’m definitely a gamer. Have been for life. Board games, video console games, PC games, all of it. Of course I have a million other hobbies as well. But yes, games…..

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Oh oh oh oh oh!! I LOVE video games! World of Goo, Pipeline (games you can buy on steam), Left for dead!! It was fun for about 2 days… but then after a while… VERY VERY Boring! I wanted to play Bioshock, but my video card wasnt compatible and I wasnt bothered to get a new one. I played Half Life once… The zombies scared me so I stopped playing. I get WAY to into the game. Remember James Bond 007 for the N64? On the second level you start in a bathroom stall, over a gaurd… I was playing and my bro and sis were watching… I was sneaking up on the gaurd and my heart was going a million miles an hour. My bro and sis start talking to each other so I whisper “shhhhhh!! Hes going to hear you!!” They laughed there heads off and then I did too in embarrassment! I HATE suspenseful music. I turned off the music in Oblivion.. it KILLS me!

Oblivion is MY FAVORTIE GAME! The Elder Scrolls that is! It was the first RPG ive played… and I love how I could explore and have so much flexibility to do this, or that, and a little of this! Plus they all talked to you and you didnt have to read! I played it too much. In the game I became a vampire, and of course you know you cant go into the sun or you’ll die…. and you need to find those soul gems for the cure.. One day my husband and I were going for a walk in the summer and I said “Ow, my eyes are hurting…. Oh right!! Im a vampire!” my husband looked at me weird… I just laughed and thought… hmm I play that game WAY too much! And then another time took a quick glance at my fireplace and thought I saw a soul gem, then remembered it was real life not the game hahaha.. Im so sad.

I LOVE Portal as well (okay it has to be my most fav!)… The second comes out in APRIL! I WILL BE MIA THEN! It was a very funny game, and problem solving. Had a great ending too! Too short!

I like the old Command and Conquer… I would play it on my N64. Once again strategy with some pretty sweet music hahaha

I love Mario Bros 2, 3, and Super Mario world? I dont remember its name, but you can ride on Yoshi and its for the SNES. I like them because they are kinda just mind numbingly easy. If I just wanna veg out can play that, plus they are classic!

I have almost all the Nintendo systems. The NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii. We also have a PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. We built an entire wall to host each system with our big TV dead center and sweet surround sound. hahaha And then on the other side of the room 3 PCs all networked to play more games… Dont get me wrong, we dont game 24/7. Hardly play that much anymore. But once in a while its nice to sit down and do so.

I am also a WoWtard. I do play that almost daily. I dont actually care for it much… I really only play because I have met some great people there and only play when they do. They have lives as well so we play at a very slow pace. I like it cause its strategy, RPG, I can explore, and I love the beat the guys I play with hahaha I am a competitive person! But I HATE HATE HATE grinding. BLEH!

Orion, as for board games, I like chess. Oddly enough, I can play and win chess but for the life of me can’t understand checkers and hate it. And CLUE! I love clue! I want to play Risk one day, that seems like a pretty awesome game!

I was thinking about getting Amnesia. Looks thrilling! Scary… would probably give me a heart attack. hahaha

Im really itching for Portal 2!! I need something new! Some new excitement and adventure! I CANT WAIT!! xD

Sheesh, I could ramble forever about this! But I think this is long enough… WOOO!!! I just love games!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Video games have been my thing for years. Years of SNES, then PS1 and PS2, N64 then the old Cube, then 360 and now I just stick to gaming on the computer. Sadly lately I feel uninterested in video games, but I force myself to play. I’m just in a phase where I want to be interested and enjoy myself, because I know that I definitely can and it would be awesome, but I just can’t right now.

I played World of Warcraft for like 5 years, but I finally gave it the kick.

Right now I’m all about Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I tried Oblivion a bajillion times and got a good gameplay out of it, but more forests and knights just can’t take on the post-apocalyptic value for me. I love BFBC2 too, only just started though since it doesn’t require as much time for a quick game and I really enjoy how realistic the shooting is becoming. Diablo 2 is hands down in my top 3 so I’m super pumped for the third! Starcraft 2 is also more fun than I thought it would be.

Final Fantasy VII and Ocarina of Time will always stand as my two favorite classics just because of the age I was when they both came out and how exiting all of that was seeing 3d graphics and stuff for the first time.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Im in the same place as you Glosolli… I have been playing less and less. Fallout is awesome! Oblivion did get boring as well. All the magic disappeared! All forests look the same etc! Ocarina of Time is AWESOME!!! The skeletons that came out of the ground at night used to scare me hahaha That is a great game, true classic.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha yes, I still think Oblivion is awesome though but I couldn’t keep my attention going with it long enough unless I was playing with the million mods it has. Dead Space/2 is also amazing, it has me all creeped out and awaiting scares more than any horror movie. I remember the skeletons, the zombie guys in the hyrule market would try to rape you or something, it was creepy deals.

I want to play that now and I could, but wait, oh, no motivation to, ahhh.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

hahaha YES YES!! Those zombies STILL creep me out!! And those gross sounds they make!! Thank goodness for the sun song!

And I agree about playing it now but meh. Actually I feel like playing super mario 3. I just love that game! The music reminds me of when I first played it at 5 years old! oh how I loved it! hahaha Actually just yeterday I was listening to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXKN1j_vrn4&feature=related Hes a good drummer, but I just like the medley.

Oh Dead Space sounds good! I will check it out!

Oh I just watched the trailer. Kinda reminds me of Half Life. But very gory. haha I may try to find someone playing it on youtube. I dont know if its for me. Im not too into alien type things. They do look pretty gruesome though!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, Dead Space is about a guy who’s an engineer, who gets put on a ship where humans go crazy and transform because of a signal from an artifact found from planet cracking (like oil drilling but in entire planets). It sounds lame, but it’s insane. The entire game is DISMEMBERING LIMBS in the most bloody way, while avoiding scares. It’s a lot like Bioshock, the graphics and atmosphere and stuff, just done a bit better and it’s so constant. It’s half disturbing too, there’s kids in dryers and stuff, and you meet two types of deformed human children.

This is a good gameplay video, throws you into the fray and you see an awesome cut scene of the player sticking a needle in the main characters eye (This can be failed though tearing half of his face off graphically), and some awesome weapons and dismemberment.

The second game is much better than the first, too

I like this trailer for the ending mainly.

Anyways, went intense on the dead space there for a minute.

Also Super Mario Bros 3 was my favorite as a kid. Racoon was sick, and that drumming video is awesome.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Oh oh oh!! Thanks for the gameplay! Im gonna watch it now!

I had to edit this.. Im watching right now while the laser is in his eye… kinda quiet.. So I read the comments.. and im scared! somethings gonna scare me isnt it!! My heart is pounding! I CANT TAKE THE SUSPENSE! hahaha Im muting the sound!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hahah, that’s a stressing part to play, the needle is so sensitive when moving the mouse/gamepad.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Sheesh we need like a mail system here or something so we can talk instead of boring ppl with this chat! That part wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. You control that needle? eeeeeek

REPORT ABUSE

Orion

Yes. Games. My all time fav PC game is Diablo. I’ve been a nut from the beginning. Can’t wait for D3. But also, my other fav is a strategy board game. Axis & Allies. Been playing that for life. I even made a giant board and a bunch of new stuff for it. Talk about hyperfocusing …. geesh!.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I just remembered a game my brother and I would play endlessly! BATTLE TOADS!! Not ONCE did we ever pass the third level on those “sea doos” We got close but never could! I havent played that in years! I should try again!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, gamer here :) And also anxiously waiting for the 3DS. I only play on portable Nintendo consoles. My favorites are Animal Crossing, anything Zelda, Mario adventures and a few others from time to time. But my favorite of all is the Final Fantasy series! The first I bought, Final Fantasy Tactics, I played for over 400 hours! And I didn’t stop because I wanted to, but because the game kinda developped a bog. It no longer gave my characters experience points. And without those its useless to play. I got the new Tactics that got out a year or so ago but I’m far from having finished it. I got bored. I don’t play as much myself as well. I though it was because of eyes problems but its more because I lost interest.

I am, though, anxiously waiting for the 3DS as I said. I know that there’s gonna be 3D versions of Mario Paper, Final Fantasy, Zelda (Occarina I think) and… Animal Crossing which is becoming my new favorite game (on equal footing with FF). Its a children’s game but many adults love it. In it you are a newcomer in a town and you have to make friends of the animal character living there. You also need to decorate your house, participate in some town contests (fishing, bug catching, etc) and find/buy different items. No quest, no pressure. But it takes place in real time so if its march first, one o’clock in the real world, so it is in the game also. That means that if you are a while without playing, your flowers dies, some character might leave town… I love it :) I hear that in the 3D version you get to be the mayor!

Right now I’m playing the new Layton adventure. Something to do with the future. Boring.

REPORT ABUSE

jpsimard

Totally a gamer here. Used to be PC, but my machine got outpaced by technology, and I got tired of the upkeep. Been playing video games since ATARI. Progression then went Nintendo -> Super Nintendo -> Nintendo 64 -> Game Cube -> X-Box -> X-Box 360.

Currently obsessed with Halo: Reach, although I’ve got a hankering for Deadspace 2. CoD: Black Ops didn’t really hold any interest for me, but… I’m too poor to buy new games right now, so REACH it is.

Gamertag on live: OperaHero.

:D

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)