Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Any gamers out there?

Any gamers out there?2011-03-03T23:44:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Any gamers out there?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pardon me for skipping over the thread – there were just too many words and most of it seemed to deal with video games. How do you folks feel about board games or online games?

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

hahaha Well if you would of read the previous posts :P Yeah they are pretty long. I like chess and clue. Online games… I play poker, and WoW. Some others like Left for Dead… But I do think you mean that kind of online game… or do you?

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

OK I am trying to remain Anonymous.

Yes I am a gamer. I play MMO’s and MUDDs. I probably play more than I should, which is why I put up a timer, when I start. That way I get other things done as well.

I solve puzzles. The harder the better. It feeds my hyperfocus, and I can loose myself for a while.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Carrie. As you might guess from my nom de plume, I am big into games. I’ve made more than 50 of them so far, from big-named board games to equally big-named video games. I try to meet weekly with a local group to play games socially. There’s something very attractive about having a clear set of rules and a world where you know exactly what you have to do to win.

Needless to say, some of the games are rather complex and my ADD nature means I will more than likely miss some key element of gameplay and formulating a decent strategy is not even in the cards (so to speak). Still, I don’t play to win, I just play for fun and having a fun night out with friends who accept me for who I am is pretty nice.

As for those online games, you know, the ones on that site that rhymes with “SpaceCrook,” those games frighten me. Not because I don’t think I’d enjoy them, but rather I’d enjoy them too much and never come back up for air. Know what I mean?

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Yeah I know too well what you mean. Before my meds I would sit down to play my video games and thats it. Sucked in for the whole day. I would then try to get everything I needed done before I sat down to play. Now with meds Im finding it easy to pull away, do what I need and then play… And only play for a bit. I havent been playing much anymore. I like it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t believe I haven’t seen one mention of Mass Effect or Dragon Age on this thread. And you people call yourselves gamers! :D

I am also an avid video gamer myself. Started out on the Commodore 64, then the Atari playing Pong, then Nintendo, SNES, Playstation, PS2, PS3, and then finally Xbox 360, which has become my most treasured possession. My kids aren’t even allowed to touch it. Neither is my husband. :D My problem is NEVER getting bored with a game. My problem is that I get too immersed. Once, my husband was trying to wake me up from a nap and, in my sleep, I informed him that I couldn’t get up yet because I still needed mana. He laughed his head off. (This was during my Everquest days. Talk about hyperfocus. That game ate my life. If you watch The Guild, and you know who Clara is… it was like that. If you don’t watch The Guild, you totally should.)

Nowdays, I play Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and I have Black Ops, although I liked MW2 better. I mostly enjoy rpgs like the ones I mentioned above… in fact, Dragon Age 2 drops and midnight and I am in a complete tizzy about it.

I love the escape of it. Good games, like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, are so immersive that you can get sucked in and really forget about all the real life problems that don’t have easy solutions, and the things that are overwhelming and hard. In video games, you really have control over what happens and you’re practically guaranteed success. If you fail, big deal- start over. Starting over in real life isn’t as easy as pressing “a”.

My favorite saying: “Real life? I tried that game. Good graphics, but the storyline sucked.”

REPORT ABUSE

jpsimard

Oh, speaking of MUDDs… for any of you into Vampire: The Masquerade, 3rd ED… there is an AWESOME game. http://www.sanguinus.org

I used to be an ST there, and I am very fond of the staff and the way the game is played. I’d definitely recommend setting boundries there almost immediately, though. They have a hardcore crew that I think spend all their free time on there, so just establish how much you’re willing to play, and how long in any given scene.

There. I just outed myself as a nerd. A NERD.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Playing Fallout 3 right now. Or I was until I remembered I hadn’t checked my email and then wanted to take a closer look at this site after I saw the video two weeks ago. Who else is pumped for L.A. Noir?

REPORT ABUSE

Bibliophile

Mass Effect 2 has really sucked me in. It has enough RPG elements to satisfy my love of the genre, the setting and script writing are first rate, and the visuals are very good. Unlike Dragon Age, I haven’t lost interest as time goes on, something that happens very often with a lot of games even when I enjoy them. Other recent games I have enjoyed playing are Infamous and Batman Arkham Asylum. When I need relaxation though, I like to play Flower.

REPORT ABUSE

Chris Brady

I am such a gamer. I love Video Games, Board Games, Card Games, Table Top Roleplaying games… I can’t get enough. And I do realize that yes, I am indeed addicted to gaming. I’d rather that than smoking, drinking or drugs, frankly. As for favourite video games… Oi… Do I HAVE to choose? Dragon Age 2 is up there at the moment, although Mass Effect 2 rocks, and I can’t wait for Batman Arkham City (I love Batman, and Arkham Asylum was almost the perfect game for me.) I’m not one for First Person Shooters because I freely admit to not having the skill, nor is killing my friends over and over, and over, all that appealing to me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Duke Nukem Forever is actually going to get published! 20 years later. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Orion

I love video games but I also love board games. I play really big, really strategic war games and such. Lots of focus!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)