Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Any Guitar Players, ADD is an up hill battle

Any Guitar Players, ADD is an up hill battle2011-03-09T21:07:55+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Any Guitar Players, ADD is an up hill battle

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Back to music talk……sorry to divert….my bad……just trying to help out a friend in need.

Ed2020…… I looked up the Fretlight guitar on the Net. I never knew there was such as thing…maybe it will put a lot of music teachers out of business?? Hahahaha….not really. I see where it could be a very valuable tool in the learning process. Stay on it….. any help at all I can provide please don’t hesitate to ask I love to share musical knowledge. I helped quite a few friends get started….. I love to do it.

We just played a gig last weekend….even though my post above whines about all the work, crazy hours, and little pay for gigs….I tell you…it’s the best. There is nothing better than turning up…. cooking with the band for an evening…… filling the dance floor and listening to the applause. At the end of the night the “one more”…..”one more’….’one more” chant is hmmmmm…..soul satisfying for this “Blue Stringer”!!!!!!!

We are a creative bunch here, and that’s a FACT!!! We are a group capable of hyper focus and that’s also a FACT…….it’s a winning combination musically for sure.

Nice to chat with you all about one of my favorite obsessions……thanks.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

HEllO ed2020: I was finally diagnosed with AD(H)D in my mid 50s and am a guitar player with 50 years experience. I am going to be 62 soon. I took piano lessons in grade one and was asked to leave the class because I was caught playing everything by ear. I play the guitar mostly because it is convenient and often not as intrusive as some other instruments.

Jazz was ‘invented’ by a blues guitar play with ADD and Heavy Metal was invented by a Rock Guitarist with ADHD – maybe!!!

Some days are better than others for me as I can be playing along and drift off into some tune totally unrelated.

I like to play blues and jazz mostly so I will listen to JAZZ24 or CBCradio2 and play along to the songs and try to focus on the melody and not copy by play along in a complimentary fashion. I have tried to learn to read music but I have not patience for that so I have learned to ‘fit into the music’ with my own flavour. I have a routine that I try and stick to as far as playing time and intention and most importantly I enjoy myself. From time to time I will sit in with other musicians at jam sessions but I usually do standards and play solo or with a bass player if I am asked to play at any small fundraisers or the like.

Firstly; I always do it to enjoy my self and that helps a lot.

I am a Certified Life Skills Coach and a Certified Counsellor and work with others coping with AD(H)D and other ‘functional situations’ and it is all good in time.

Good luck and own your space.

jwl

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Toofat, yeah the Fretlight is cool cuts learning time by a lot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=651Uo7nUmA0 Over all its cheaper than a guitar teacher LOL. For some reason you can’t find them in music stores you have to order direct.

Jeff I like your folossify .

I start my therapy this week I will be starting up soon

Take care Guys thanks

Ed

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Too Fat,

You ROCK for responding.

Let me try this now……….Okay, so I clicked Edit.

NowI am going to try to post this with Editing included.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help!

I’ve GOT IT NOW:)

Thanks too fat!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im not good but I play. It is hard for me to grasp the concepts and learning by ear sucked balls. I figured out how to read tab but it just gets confusing so I just play around and make stuff up. Some people say Im good but others think not so I am not so sure exactly how you could rate it. I also have a hard time doing multiple things at once so no singing and playing but I love it no the less.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

JaneFC….glad to help……edit on!!!! Rant…edit edit….rant….babble, edit……hahahhahaha. Glad your cookin now!! God I would have embarased,…. opps emmbarassed….no, I mean embarrassed myself too many times with out the edit button.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Zgjp you need some simple help to get you goin…….. just ask. I’m more than willing to help anybody interested in getting going playin’ guitar. There is really a lot less than music teachers try tell you……much much less, particularly if you just want to get started or entertain yourself. Simple step by step……very basic stuff. Rock, blues, folk all stem from a couple of very basis concepts.

Lemme know if your interested……. hahaha…on-line guitar lessons at the forum, cool.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)