Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ANYONE ELSE feel like calling up past teachers and bosses after being diagnosed?

ANYONE ELSE feel like calling up past teachers and bosses after being diagnosed?2010-12-04T20:08:11+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? ANYONE ELSE feel like calling up past teachers and bosses after being diagnosed?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

trashman

interesting thread, when i was young i was told you get a strap in school you get one when you get home. the funny thing is if something was said by a teacher all of use were allways at fault. so you learn to fly under the radar untill school was out. then all hell would break lose .so first i would get picked on in school and have to suck it up for fear of getting into trouble.so then when i would get home i would act out iwould first get in trouble with my siblings.after that because of all the noise ,being the youngest the older one were stronger then i was so they would make me cry and then they would get into trouble. over time they would refer to me as a spoiled brat. i really do not see my siblings now if i can help it ,but when i do see some of them they like to remind me they all agread that i was a spoiled brart. they keep telling me thats why i strugle.so i never learnt to defend myself in school.there iwould let others beat me up because i didn’t want to get in trouble at home. thinking back i was geting in trouble at home anyway. i guess is a little late now the problem is now when i get into trouble at work i end up standing up for myself to the extream and so i have to quite or get fierd, because i am a grownup and thinking i can finlly defend myself. i’ll tell you i was so scared of getting into trouble that when they were told by one other kids parents that him and i were being sexully abused for at leased 3years by a gay mentlly handycap man that lived in a group home next door. i was afraid that i would be in trouble, so i said nothing hapend. it took me till i was in my twentys before i could even admit that hapend to me . all these things leave me with low self esteam and anger issuese. ps now you now why i am alittle messed up, then ihave to ad adhd and some LD. i get the feeling it is going to be a long road.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve already posted about this in another thread, but I don’t mind posting it again. Back in the 1967-68 school year I had a 9th grade teacher who, to this day, I swear I’d get even with. His name is Victor Dikaitis, and he was a teacher at St.Raymond School in Candiac, Quebec. My family and I had just moved back to Canada from a stint of living in the USA, so the adjustment was very difficult for a 13-year-old boy with ADD and all alone in the world (other than family, of course). This teacher made my school year a nightmare. Right off the bat he started picking on me, making fun of me in front of the class, and he even stuck a hurtful nickname on me – Pudding. It still hurts to think about it, and that was over 40 years ago. Needless to say the other kids in my class stuck with Dikaitis, and also mand me as miserable as they could. All theough the year I kept my silence, mostly out of fear, and not wanting to make things any worse on myself. I never even told my parents. This affected me for many, many years after, influencing almost enerything I did.

A few weeks ago I made an attempt to contact Dikaitis. Through Google I found him in the Canadian North-West Territories where he had been a school principal in some little two-shit town. Unfortunately he had left the school a few months ago. I emailed the present principal inquiring as to his whereabouts, but so far no answer. But if I do manage to get a hold of him I plan on holding nothing back. I’ll let him know all the damage he did to me all those years ago. All I’m looking for is an apology from him, then maybe I can finally let it go.

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

I’ve thought about it. There is one counselor from college that I would like to let know about it – not out of vindication, but perhaps someone else could be helped that has similar problems. In college, I went to a school counselor about a drinking problem, and after completely frustrating both me and the counselor, I left.

It’s been over 15 years though since that happened, so I would hope that she would be more knowledgeable about ADHD & drinking. She is still at the school. FWIW, after starting medication, I was able to control my drinking.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Being ADD now I always never looked back. I never wanted to see where I had already been. Some failures and some huge successes was the common theme. I am Facebooking some now and find it quite fun as there are different things we all remember and the way we remember them is different for us all. I have been in contact with old friends and girlfriends alike and found some to be the same and some to have grown, same with employers, or the ones that were still around and in business. My plan, should I accept it, is to present myself as healed and new to the market with skills that are vast and varied that can now be focused into one steady stream. I am pretty sure that I can’t do it alone but as an overthinker every example has come to mind. Unless….forgot the thought…oh well go with what you just read and use what works for you.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)