Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Awesome Piano Teacher

Awesome Piano Teacher2011-02-14T06:53:48+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Other Awesome Piano Teacher

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

This probably sounds like torture for some of you folks, but I have a piano teacher who expects me to “attempt” to practice two hours a day.

The thing is though, her kid has ADHD too, so she totally understands when she goes “How much did you practice this week?” “Uhh…once? *insert guilty smirk here*” “Ok, once is better than nothing.”

BEST. PIANO TEACHER. EVER.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I love piano. My mom use to give me candy when I finished practicing. It worked, until I found were the candy was :). She stopped. Yet, I enjoyed playing. I practiced for about an half an hour and would take a break, come back and practiced for another half an hour. Just cause I got bored, or I would strike a note and try to see the wood hit the string.

Clarinet was smilar. If, I enjoyed the piece I would play it over and over again, if I didn’t you were lucky to get me practicing for a half an hour

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Hey ZL,

What would help you *want* to practice? I hated my first musical instrument, partly because of the pressure to perform, but loved the one I chose in high school. Since then, music has been my *antidote* to stress.

If you are on the conservatory syllabus, then you don’t have as much choice, but still, would it help if you had some music for you and some for the teacher? Or change styles completely?

One thing that transformed practice for me was having the accompaniment on a recording. Now I can have a full band / symphony backing me up! I started with Music Minus One. Here’s the link: http://www.musicminusone.com/piano-c-16.html?osCsid=9m96fjq83jbostm5g7sf41ga14

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)