Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Cogmed working memory training

Cogmed working memory training2012-01-22T00:10:54+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Cogmed working memory training

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m just now learning about cogmed working memory training. It’s very interesting. There is just so much information on this site and am happy that I found it. Lots of real life experience in here.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Many of us have just been diagnosed so like you we are learning. There are lots of old posts too that are worth checking out. Robbo has been highlighting some old ones recently and you are right there is a wealth of experience in them.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, now this really stinks. Somebody has stolen my avatar, yes I mean you, surfer girl. How about picking another avatar rather than hijacking mine? Do you think it gives you more respectability?

I have really had it with this site. Nothing but spammers and people promoting self-interest here. No moderation. It totally sucks.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Perhaps something pink … in a tutu?

On the other hand No-Dope, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

flattery will get you nowhere

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I’ll have the spam, spam, spam, spam,spam, spam, baked beans, and spam. Thank you.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

I am sure SurferGirl will change her avatar now she knows she’s duplicated. Is it one that’s freely available or has it been directly stolen from you no_dopamine? It does look ‘stolen’ as hers is pixilated. If it’s a mistake then fair enough but if stolen….well that’s baaaad.

It’s the I_HATE_SPAM person who is going to get up my nose! I suppose there will always be people who like to spoil. I do like your sense of humour kc. The spam sketch was always silly but fun.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, it was copied from my profile. I am the I_HATE_SPAM person, temporarily, until surfer girl gives up my profile picture.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Oh damn – sorry. I just reported the I_HATE_SPAM person as unreal!! Oops. Sorry!!!!!!

Still, I doubt the moderators will do anything as your posts aren’t abusive. Hahaha. Maybe I should just go to bed and hide my head in shame that I didn’t ‘get it’. Anyway, it’s 2.54 now so as usual I have forgotten time!

I read this evening that non-ADDers experience time as defined segments that follow on in order but we view time as one long ‘now’. It sort of fits with me – how about you? Is that a fair comment they made?

OK – I have edited the report I made and updated them (moderators) on the issue.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

SurferGirl, please give up the avatar you have – it’s not fair to steal someone else’s personal one.

Thank you.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s ok. I don’t think the moderator works on the weekends, that’s when we get the most spam here.

“In a minute” equals hours for me, I just can’t seem to pull myself away and it only seems like I spend a few minutes. But if someone else says “in a minute” it’s like a lifetime of waiting, total frustration. Kind of like waiting for moderators to do anything here.

My wish for 2012 is active moderation of new members. Forums that aren’t moderated usually end up being targeted with spam, and lately, it seems, people who delight in pretending to be someone else (excluding myself of course)

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Thanks for answering the time thing. I know what you mean exactly. It’s odd isn’t it.

Anyway I really must pull myself away now and get to bed. I have to finish something tomorrow for a deadline and I’m going to find it hard esp if tired. I wish I could get into a routine at bedtime. I was doing quite well but I have slippages.

I don’t know how the moderators can see if we are genuine or not. I mean I thought I knew who I was but according to Tea (previous post) I’m a vampire who SHOULD be having an erotic and exciting life. Actually we all are. Mmmm. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I hope we don’t scare off Surfer girl. Like I said Scatty, we are always looking for new blood. It would be against the spirit of the site and the nature of the members here to unjustly chastise her and make her feel unwelcome, especially over the unfortunate selection of an avatar. And her initial post had such enthusiasm, felt she would be a good and interesting contributer.

However, if she is malicious then she can eat my spam.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

On yahoo groups, you can moderate the new member by having them say why they want to join (many can’t speak english properly). And then you can moderate their posts until they show that they are legit – it’s not hard to tell and usually only takes one post to detect.

Wasn’t there a good Tom Cruise Vampire movie some years ago?

I have been logging my sleep for the past week (weaning off a drug) and have been surprisingly steady at a bedtime and wakeup time. So I best get off the computer too. Good luck with your deadline!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi kc – I agree – I have no wish to scare SurferGirl away and I am sure she will chose a different avatar once she realises she has upset no_dopamine.

In fairness to no_dopamine I would be upset if someone stole mine. It’s an original photo so there must be rules? Besides it’s our identity.

Spam dude – don’t know but will check out the film.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)