Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Complete Hypocresy

Complete Hypocresy2012-01-26T19:27:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Angry Complete Hypocresy

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

wolfshades

toofat: this site was established in Canada. I believe it was started either at the same time or shortly after the film “Totally ADD and Loving It” was produced for PBS stations all over North America (the globe now? Not sure.) The list of credits for people who are now involved in it is long: http://totallyadd.com/credits

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

True enough Wshades thanks…….I felt “revelations” post needed to be rebutted. Everybody has an opinion but golly, slagging Canadian websites, particularly one your posting on ……..really?????? Canadian healthcare is for millionaires….hmmmmm….I dunno about that????

Where does this come from…..

” here in Canada we have nothing like that, our web sites our support is a complete utter joke,I mean it’s great when you have a bunch of millionaires going on the ADD crusade they can afford the top treatment medication, but the average person has to suffer”.

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My point is this,

ADD Coaching is not cheap it is very helpful but many cannot get this many cannot obtain proper medication

the support system in Canada is weak,

I have emailed MP’s and received not one response,

What I have always stressed is ADD should be recognized as disability here in Canada and we should be protected under all labour laws, we should not be afraid to come out to future employers, there would be countless benefits for both the governments and companies .

So my point toofat is you have the means you can get the treatment you need for your ADD,

Tax credit what are you on about you still have to have pay for them Concerta cost $160 dollars for a months supply,

I feel today ADD folks have to be more vocal and less passive, if you look at other’s groups they have fought hard to get the support they are getting today.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahhh yes….coaching I’m unfamiliar with, so sorry Rev, I can’t/shouldn’t comment………I’ll certainly take your word for that. I understand the prescription issue $$$$$$, for sure. I’m on a medical plan (like blue cross) I bought into years ago, when I was young…so I’m not out of pocket too heavy for any meds. That is always and alternative….I think… buy in young, with an eye to senior years is not a bad idea….it’s an alternative. I’m just sayin’………..for anybody looking forward…….meds become a big part of expenses in your senior years………A BIG PART….not just for ADD either.

Interesting point about being a “protected disability”. I understand ADD is termed (by some) as a spectrum issue……so I’m not sure how it would work?? So many ADD folks are not debilitated, at all…. in fact, there are some out there, who view the way their brain processes to be a boon, while others unfortunately suffer and suffer intolerably….so, gosh, I’m sure that raises issues all over the map ????? It is no wonder that any type a decision in that regard in not forthcoming.

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Stupid” is someone who tells you that ADHD doesn’t exist and that you just need to pay attention. People like that don’t deserve your time.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)