Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Constantly Double checking, Any ideas?

Constantly Double checking, Any ideas?2011-02-15T19:07:16+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Struggling Constantly Double checking, Any ideas?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

memzak

I was wondering if anyone else was verbalizing their thoughts or “thinking out loud” as I call it. I verbalize my thoughts constantly. It helps me lock in ideas, make sure I’m not making mistakes or helps me keep on one train of thought. Of course I can only do this a lot at home. I find myself doing it in public alot and I used to get a lot of weird looks however; with the advent of cell phones and hidden hands free devices I get fewer looks when I forget where I am and start thinking out loud.

Unfortunately, I was not able to think out loud with the job I had in 2008. I made so many mistakes there that I finally got fired after only 5 months. They put extra training time in for me and everything but it didn’t help. Serious job mismatch for my ADD which I did not know about at the time. I would spend 2 to 3 hours a day double and triple checking my work and still mistakes were slipping through.

You get what you think about. If you’re thinking “I hope I don’t screw up again” then you will most likely screw up. If you relax and say to yourself that I’m going to do well then the mistakes should be fewer. We ADDers are always going to make mistakes just like everyone else in this world but we can help ourselves by relaxing, doing the best job we can with confidence (easy to say), and thanking the powers that be for word processing software with spell and grammar checkers!!!

As for double and triple checking what we do, I read my posts at least 3 times in my word processing software before I copy and paste into whatever subject I am responding to then read it one more time before I post. I always have to correct something or have something to add. Oh and did you know that you can edit something that you have already posted? I do it all the time.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)