Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Difference between bipolar and ADHD

Difference between bipolar and ADHD2011-07-17T23:14:28+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Difference between bipolar and ADHD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am wondering what differences there are between bipolar disorder and ADHD? For the last 2.5 years, I have been treated for bipolar disorder. However, after taking the online test on this site, I am wondering what the difference is between the two. Also, how do they differ in treatment? I currently take a medication for mood stabilization and a medication for depression. I also take a medication for sleep issues. I don’t sleep. Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

I am no expert on this but I did watch a video on CADDAC where the difference was mentioned as the following-ADDers have normal emotions but have trouble regulating the emotions. Bipolar have more emotions than normal. I know that’s a bit simple. I had been misdiagnosed as bipolar AFTER I was diagnosed with ADD. I did try the meds she gave me and stopped after just 4 days because it was wrong. I just found out last week that my husband has been diagnosed as bipolar which actually makes sense in his case. I am doing research about what that means to him but have not gotten very far yet. I know that you can have both bipolar and ADD at the same time.

There are a few of us on this site that know much more about bipolar than I do. I know that they will jump in on this thread and give you more information than I can.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)