Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Do you (try to) use a wallet?

Do you (try to) use a wallet?2011-01-04T19:53:50+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Organization Do you (try to) use a wallet?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

phile

Of course I use a wallet. In fact, I have two. One would be too fat and make my spine curve.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i use two one a regular tri-fold the other is a bi fold money clip at the end of the day all id’s, cards, cash and recites are ether in the money clip or its fold, i get home and put all back into order. i found this works becouse when you shove your hand in full of stuff there is something there in your way to receive it (I’ve washed my money clip 5 times in the last 3 months).

by the way, i buy a new wallet every year (state fair) i had a stack of wallets then i met a friend who hated to ware in in new ones (he destroys them by running a company from inside it) so now we go to the fair and he buys a new one and we switch every year for the past 7 years

P.S. (yes a old world post script)

right now i just realized, was the 6 time as well as my keys!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to use a wallet and I’d fill it with buy 10 get one free coupons and things I think I will use. As it turns out I never remember I have any of them in there and it becomes huge and makes my pocket bulge.

So for the last 5 or more years all I carry is my phone and my drivers license and debit card in my left pocket and my keys in my right no exceptions. Whenever I leave the house I know exactly where to check for those 4 items and I haven’t lost my keys or cards in years.

Hope that you guys find that useful and I just found this site and its amazing.

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

Well I have a new purse once every couple of years. I use it as a catch all for everything. When the strap breaks from the weight I usually have to buy a new one and therefore I archive the old one along with everything that doesn’t make the cut to the new one. So therefore I put the old purse in a tote along with all of its assorted contents. Another thing to go through at a later date.

I always get a nice organizer purse with lots of zippered compartments and lots of tuck places. Of course if it doesn’t make it back to the wallet I have to endlessly search through the purse, my pockets, the bag for my books, the car, the couch, beside my bed, on the breadbox in the kitchen, in my coat, in dh’s coat and as a final resort I start asking people. Only had to have 1 new bank card in the last 6 months. And the other day when I was searching for my lost bank card I found $20.00 wrapped in a receipt that I got as a cash back at the Walmart a month before. Talk about a bonus. After finally given up as lost, I went and got a new bank card (I can’t really be trusted with cash for the reason of loss, and then I had to find my library card. I had done a search in this bag when I couldn’t find the bank card but was sure that I had had it the day after when I was at the grocery store so I wasn’t surprised it wasn’t there. Then a couple of days later I was taking out all the books because I knew my library card was, there nestled close was the missing bank card. But the chip was already faded and it is good to shake up the cloners and get a new card so that those scammers are thwarted. So it was for the best anyway. And that is my story and I am sticking with it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve read a lot of posts and two things have become evident

never can find something(a) until i give up and look for something else (b). then i wont find B but A will be siting in the open.

misplaced pocket money when found gives a boost to the day!

another thought look for a limited time (whatever your comfortable block time is-2hr is mine) then stop and look the next day don’t stress about it.

REPORT ABUSE

Tim
    Participant

Interesting thread.

Although I have had many of the difficulties described above, I have always had a wallet and except for having to spend an hour a day looking for it, it seems to work pretty well. Mostly I use cash and don’t save receipts. Perhaps that’s the secret.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)