Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Drawing Therapy

Drawing Therapy2011-08-01T15:19:52+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My life has been dominated by “the judge,” the voice that belittles every action I make and goes so far as to tell me what other people are thinking of me. Last week I had the idea of putting the judge on paper, to exorcise him by making him as silly and pathetic as possible. The interesting thing about the process was that I actually imagined the judge’s input as I was working.

I felt the drawing was a success, the judge came out very silly, and I learned something about how that voice has been nagging me all these years. He’s not gone by any means, but I think it helped reduce his influence.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a great idea! I have always liked drawing cartoons, so I think I’ll give it a shot too.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cartoon Blog! You have to make a blog out of it and share!

I’m a crap artist, but I want to create a cartoon called Restless Knight. He’s a guy who wears a regular suit to work, but with the armor headgear. Always looking for dragons to slay, but instead finds objective setting, team building and staff meetings. It’s funny in my head–Dilbert meets Hagar, I guess. Or Don Quixote meets Office Space.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually do have a cartoon blog, but I’m reluctant to post a link to it at the moment as I’m not quite ready to “expose myself” as a person with ADHD – it could jeopardize my work situation.

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

Cartoon blog would be cool. I have drawn a couple of cartoons, one in response to one of Rick’s challanges. I did one that looked like a very ugly elf breathing fire and called it “ADD Untamed”. I also drew a three panel cartoon that i would love to share but haven’t figured out how to yet. It really needs to be redone better. I’m not the best artist either.

I have one of those judges too. With my family’s input its a judges panal. GAME SHOW! Random thought, game show where either the contestents or judges are ADD. Maybe, what’s your most ADD moment. Or get ADD contestants to do things that you know they are going to mess up on and the one who messes up worst wins!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)