Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Fairly new to the forum, and this happens

Fairly new to the forum, and this happens2012-03-03T22:02:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Dumbest Thing I've Done Fairly new to the forum, and this happens

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RitaFaye

I am missing a sandbox. Literally, an entire sandbox. My dh built a nice wooden, table-style sandbox on legs years ago when our son was a toddler. Two years ago I emptied out the sandbox, since a teenager is not interested in them, but left it standing in our yard.

So we had really bad storms yesterday evening, but thankfully no tornados or hail. So I walk around the house this a.m. and there’s no sandbox. At all. Not even blown in to a neighbor’s yard.

So my question for myself is-did the storm get it or did I give it away and have absolutely no memory of doing it. No memory at all. None. I’m afraid to ask anyone as I’m feeling really stupid right now.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL Don’t worry about it. I bet it’s lovely and special too because your dh built it, but whether you gave it away or not is exactly the kind of memory problem that I have. It’s OKAY!

Odd though, I had a niggling thought all day and realised it was because it was someone I hadn’t seen for about 10 years birthday. Not even someone I celebrated a lot of birthdays with.

Never remember the important stuff though – oh no!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2228 addresses this phenomenon.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did some research on your sandbox ( ew err vicar ) and managed to get some intel….

The Vice President Hippo, required a secure custom built travel device that could hold mud ( and various play hippo mags ), whilst being moved from base X to base Z.

Having sent out scouts to locate such a ( secure custom built travel device ) object, yours was deemed worthy and in turn was freed from its shackles to serve what hippos belive is a higher culture.

You may scoff at some if not all of this intel, but I have it on good authority that it is genuine ( my mum told me ). Report it missing and perhaps I will be able to get a lead on where the VPH is located.

Help me help you and together that will make two :/ ( think I got that wrong )….

WOFH

Pete xx

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

RitaFaye,

I’m with Peter! If it wasn’t taken away for the Vice President Hippo, I’d blame your DH. I’ll bet he decided one day that it was no longer needed and that HE actually took it away or dismantled the thing.

Of course, he didn’t bother mentioning it to you since he thought you’d not care one iota. I hate when my family ‘takes’ things away on me. I don’t care that they take/give away/throw something out. What I hate is I end up thinking I did something with it and I can’t remember what!!!

REPORT ABUSE

RitaFaye

Well, I found the hippo. When the kid returned from his school trip, I asked him. Apparently my dad said he knew someone back home who could use it, so I gave it to him. The kid remembered because he had to help load it into grandpas’s truck. Still no actual memory of the conversation, but now I know what happened.

I wasn’t upset the sandbox was gone, but very, very confused.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)