Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Famous people with ADD & other Brain Chemistry Imbalances

Famous people with ADD & other Brain Chemistry Imbalances2010-01-27T14:05:45+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Other Famous people with ADD & other Brain Chemistry Imbalances

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Einstein’s parents were told he was too stupid to learn and yet we know him are one of the most brilliant minds of an age. One thing he contributed to his turn around was music. It helped him focus. There is a great story there most of which I don’t remember but he talked about music allot.

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

Sorry, but that claim simply doesn’t match up with what we know of Einstein’s childhood. His mother writes about him being first in his class. At the age of 13, Einstein was reading philosophy, and declared Immanuel Kant to be his favourite.

http://dyslexia.learninginfo.org/einstein.htm

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would caution anyone putting too much faith in these “lists” of people with alleged ADHD. Many times these people are not diagnosed and probably never will be. Some may be however.

Diagnosis is supposed to include a marked impairment in at least 2 areas of ones life. So if these people are not experiencing an impairment…why group them as having ADHD? They may have some characteristics, but so does the general population.

It is a great ego boost for us to think that maybe Einstein had ADHD, but given his known lack of verbal communication until the age of three, along with his lack of social graces and intense interest in his chosen career, it would be more fitting of symptoms of Asperger’s than ADHD. Some of those symptoms are very similar. Aspie’s claim that Bill Gates has Asperger’s, ADHDers claim him as one of ours…which is it?

The fact is while we may like thinking that these celebrities have ADHD (and surely some of them do), the fact is that FEW celebrities are willing to talk about ADHD, let alone admit that they have the disorder and advocate for it.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)