Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Feeling "In Trouble" Most of the time

Feeling "In Trouble" Most of the time2013-03-19T22:33:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Feeling "In Trouble" Most of the time

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

crapiforgotmyusername

I am in sales and I am afraid of the customers. I am worried I will forget or make a mistake all the time. I am also not able to pay my mortgage and will probably lose my house. I feel unsafe.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I know how you feel . I could not do long term sales, due to the uncertainty and most people wanting you to lie to them and then getting angry because you couldn’t deliver. something I had said all a long.

Its always feast and famine.

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

Me too, but that is my anxiety (generalized anxiety disorder) rather than my ADHD.  You may want to look into combating your anxiety first.  Good luck – I know how it feels. 🙁

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Almost any job can be done by a person with ADHD symptoms.

But do you want to really passionately love your job?. ~Or~ do you want a fast car, large house, beautiful wife, and the 2.6 perfect little kids?

You can have everything you want in this life.

We can help you get those things you want.

Stick with us forgetfulperson.  Why do you think I have so many user names?

)-]   (cool shades, huh?)

PS, I just came up with a new idea for communications reasons.

SMILEYS!  (now I think I invented it!, lol)

If you click on the last lil box that says “show/hide kitchen sink” there’s more options for communication purposes… That’s good. Maybe we’ll flood the place with little round funnies and the place would look too much like Romper Room, huh?

Let’s harrass Jimi, and David if he’s still helping us out.

I did call my therapist last nite. Even had a good friend come over to council me today… Sometimes in life, we just gotta take our lumps…

Acceptance is hellishly painstaking….

Reality bites hard, fast, and loud. Maybe I’ll post on that “Work in progress” thread. That’s the part of this forum I go to when my insides are full of grinding sausage.

PPPs, it stinks. But I realize I’m just plain power-less. I do have some real power in this world. It’s just that it is so very very much less than His.

Much less.

microscopic,

lil.

REPORT ABUSE

mulegirltx

@Weiners n beans, I so know what you mean about acceptance and taking our lumps. Don’t you get tired of being the one who has to eat crow? I sure as heck do. I’m always reminded of a song written by a particularly talented, but troubled, songwriter I worked with way back when, which says in part “I’m tired of being sorry.” Oh yeah.

But I had to post to say I always wonder about that .6 kid. What does he/she look like? Can you buy clothes at Walmart or do you have to have them custom made? LOL.

@crapiforgotmyusername, I sympathize. I learned a looong time ago that it’s best for me to avoid all jobs that require salesmanship. Mind you, when I really believe in something I can sell it like nobody’s business. problem is, those things aren’t really marketable commodities, and I don’t tend to feel all warm and fuzzy about most products requiring sales people. Is there another line of work you could pursue? I’ve lucked into an ideal scenario where I freelance as an editor and have a “go between” person who does the selling part for me. Win/win/win.

Well, win-ish…going through a slow period right now that is creating enormous financial pressure and stress. Gee, maybe that’s why I’m having trouble sleeping??? Good thing I see my pdoc tomorrow…

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Cool, so you’ve read “Enders Shadow”  huh? @mulegirltx?

But I had to post to say I always wonder about that .6 kid. What does he/she look like? Can you buy clothes at Walmart or do you have to have them custom made? LOL.

I really dig Orson Scott Card. He’s an excellent writer, he lets us really revel in our imagination. My imagination is just about my finest ADD related asset. I’m just barely into chapter 3 now. There’s a really cool thread here that asks us “what’s your ADHD superpower?” for me it’s got to be my ability to encourage people. And of course my imagination. I dig it.

It’s important for me to realize also, that many of my actions can discourage other folks if they’re taken wrong. Or if I don’t make myself clear enough. Encouragement/discouragement is tricky stuff.

For the most part. And this is not actually for the folks in this community. But likely for many of the folks reading about our lives. What people think about me, when they look at my life. Well… it’s mostly about them. 

What folks thing about us. It’s about them…

What we think about other folks, well you guys. It’s about US!.

When I point my finger. I’ve got my strongest finger, [my thumb] pointed straight up. And that my friends is never a good thing. I won’t even go into the fact that I’ve got three other fingers… that happen to be very freaking strong as well… you know, I’m better off not judging. But the best I can do is just judge folks less.

Much less. That’s good enough for a human being. That’s all we are. And getting into trouble then getting out is the kind of thing that some us should probably have the hang of by now. HuH?!

AACK!. we wrote that book didn’t we?

R-

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Now that I dont work I a always feeling guilty or I am hiding in my basement!!, just hoping all my income from insurance will no end BIG fear. and that I will not be in troubled for being disabled!!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I have also worried about my income stopping trashman. It’s most definitely a valid fear to have.

Most of the people on this planet we’re living on just don’t care all that much about folks they don’t understand. This is just the way it is.

On the other hand, we’ve got a lot of really good folks around this camp in particular. That will encourage you to find out what it is you do best. I’m guessing you’ve got a lot of hidden talents just waiting for you to share them.

I realize you use voice activated software. Fortunately the technology is getting much better. Do you have window 8 trashman?

I still haven’t gotten a new microphone, it’s gonna take time to pick out a good one. But from what I’ve heard, Windows 8 has got excellent built in voice activation software. I other words you’ll be able to talk much more naturally that ever before.

———————

About 4 or 5 months ago, I had a really creepy conversation with  The Computer  at one of our local and multi-national cable n media conglomerate (sp?) companies. The voice of the computer sounded so real that I got tricked!. creeepy! wayyy creeepy. It even laughed at my jokes!. I kept asking this cute sounding gal “where were you made?” and other questions that only a computer could answer. It got even more creepy from there.

I ended up cancelling my order with a tt yoo verse…itwasn’tEz… just too dang creepy dealing with a computer when all I wanted was to talk to another dang human being…

I wonder if “big brother” will come after me now that I’ve complained about the computer freakin lying to me…

I don’t think they have a case because it was a human being after all that decided to tell his computer to lie to me… What an idiot.

totally dumb.

I was just at the real facebook, and that computer is giving me less creeps. But it’s been on my nerves just a lil bit lately. Most folks will have a hard time understanding what the heck I’m talking about here. But that’s okay. I’m really just talking to you trashman. I don’t have a premium membership here, but if I did. I would send you a request. Instead. How about stopping by my facebook page? here’s the address. http://www .facebook.com/robert.field. BTW, I removed the number on the end of the address, And also put ONE space in after the 3rd W. So if you decided to stop by, just put a seventy five on the end of my facebook address, and take away the one single space after the 3 W’s. Then, if it turns into an address. (a line show’s up under the address) go ahead n click on it man!. We can be friends on facebook, as well as here.

And chat, and trade baseball cards n joke around n shit…. :-)~

Sound cool?

thanks

R-

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

I like Facebook.

But I’m starting to realize it only exists to gather information to be sold to companies for marketing.

Twenty years ago it was ‘contests’. You couldn’t go to a home show, a mall, or an event and not see some ‘free’ draw for a trip to somewhere, or a TV, or whatever. And you’d enter your information–phone number and address, and suddenly be wondering why every dinner was interrupted by telemarketers wanting to sell you new windows, siding, spa memberships…

Boy, this stream has wandered.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I’m a bout to go get that “feeling like I’m in trouble”

See ya all some time soon hehe

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Yep, the un-cool thing about Facebook is that it’s yet another part of our world being run, controlled, and all decisions are made… by computers!. They’re calling the shots.

And they are ice cold.

But I’m starting to realize it only exists to gather information to be sold to companies for marketing.

It’s creepy as heck.

TotallyADD ain’t creepy as heck. It’s excellent.

Thanks for making it Rick. My life is about a million miles away from the nightmare it felt like about 19 months ago. This wild ride has been the single most positive growth surge I’ve ever had. 

Because I’ve been given permission to just be myself.

So thanks again Rick

Robbo

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

maybe that .6 of a kid is called obese  maybe if you consider that there is 1.6 of a kid THEN? maybe that kid is not obese at all?

REPORT ABUSE

pigmonkey

You know that worbly feeling you used to get in highschool? Exams were on and you didn’t study because it was pointless? Physically, its the feeling of  blood leaving your stomach to fuel muscles, some people call it butter flies. If it can do that to a person, I must assume, when that phrase was coined butterflies must have been bad ass.

What was my point?  Oh yes.

I feel like that totally randomly. Some times its earned, but most of the time I think by body got used to it and likes to get a fix every now and again.  So ya, I getcha.

I cope by assuming that everyone else is just as terrified as I am and are better at dealing with it, or hiding it.

PS .6 of a kid… conjoined twins.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Pigmonkey, those butterflies are your body’s “fight or flight” hormones kicking in.  You’re getting a rush of adrenaline and cortisol, so you can outrun that sabre-tooth tiger or angry mammoth that’s chasing you.

However, in a world where you’re more likely to be worrying about that upcoming exam, or meeting with your boss, or tackling your taxes, than out-running a ferocious animal, those hormones are bad news.  They do a number on your brain, and they do a number on your body.  Especially cortisol.

You’re not burning up those hormones by running for your life, so they’re just keeping you in a permanent state of stress, raising your blood pressure & pulse rate, increasing your belly fat (and risk of diabetes), and all sorts of other unpleasant things.

Exercise can burn off those stress-hormones, which is why you often feel so much calmer and happier after you’ve worked out, or even just gone for a brisk walk.  And I say that as someone who’s getting in the habit of biking 5 or 10 miles in spurts throughout the day (in front of the TV, so I can do it, whatever the weather), and who has just finished a lovely 3-mile walk, after a very productive visit to the ADHD clinic!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Yep, I know that “Worthy” feeling… all too well. It was mostly in my imagination though…

@pigmonkey ya know you look exactly like a good friend who was the quarterback in my high school. But I won’t be naming that high school any time soon because I think it’s only fair to let each and every one of the members of this forum hold on to whatever level of anonymity they choose to keep here’ So I won’t call you by his name.

Remember that football game at the beach party? (of course you don’t, but use yer imagination, okay?) The beach party scene at night in Pointe Break always reminds me of that day. Xept it was at night in the movie.

People come into our lives, and they also leave. It all happens for a reason. We don’t always get to know the season. But our imagination sure does make what’s happening now, n here much more fun and even dramatic. Huh?

“I cope by assuming that everyone else is just as terrified as I am and are better at dealing with it, or hiding it.”

I get that same gut instinc all the dang time. For no aparent reason… It’s ugly and not fun. But it helps to know that it’s not likely that I’m the only one feeling it. 

We’re not in trouble. We’re just human.
    humans afraid.
    R-

PS it’s also true that I’ve been bullied into that “fight or flight” mode much too many times in my life. I was a defensive end. Use to do not nice things to quarterbacks. ***grins*** My friend from high school used to play both ways all dang night. Then we’d go party. He was an inside linebacker.

He kicked ass… took names. Then invited those names to the party after. We all had fun.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)