Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

first time on adhd meds

first time on adhd meds2011-07-12T21:06:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Ritalin first time on adhd meds

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Shadow Nexus

I’v had a few times of falling asleep, but only for 5 mins. That’s better then 15-20 min power nap during a movie I want to see. Also, I’v tried 30mg, but it seems be to too much. I need to try it a few more times. A 10mg in morning does seem to help. I’m sleeping about 45 mins longer. Else, i’v been reading more of those articles and new ones. I’v been wanting to read. Time to see the new doc again.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

As a lot of patients like you, Filbuff1984, do with their docs, they try different schedules and try to find out the dose that allows them to find the balance between effect and side effect. The benefit of using short acting meds is that it gives you very precise control over the schedule though the draw back is that you have to remember to take the medication and keep on top of the schedule. Make sure you review the Sponsored Video series on appropriate holistic care though. http://totallyadd.com/sponsored-videos-introduction/

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I’m afraid that now my body has “compensated” to the increase of Adderall XR. Started at 20, then after 3 weeks, I was sleepy and saw no effect. Went to 40, that was about 3 weeks ago, and guess what. I took it at 5:30am today and at about 6:30am, I was starting to fall asleep in the car on the way to work…… and I don’t feel anything when I take it.

I can’t say it really did a WOW for me, just a couple of subtle little things.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board in March at my next follow-up.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)