Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

help—pre-employment drug testing–need advice

help—pre-employment drug testing–need advice2011-06-21T16:10:56+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community help—pre-employment drug testing–need advice

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Last Monday I took a drug test for a new job. I checked in with HR yesterday and results are STILL not in. I know they test for amphetamines and I take a generic form of Adderalll XR. I am guessing this will show up as speed on their tests and they are retesting.

Here is my question—the policy states that they will ask for legal prescription, which I do have. I emailed the hiring manager regarding my start date and she hasn’t replied back yet. Should I contact her or does it look desperate? I’ve never been in this situation before and don’t want to keep nagging them but I also am getting nervous.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

When did you email the hiring manager? I would wait at least 2 days before contacting them again. I remember getting really angry and upset once because someone had not answered an email right away and fournd out later they had been out sick and were not checking emails at home. I felt rather foolish for complaning. The ball is in their court at the moment. We are not the most patient of people but you have to tough it out.

With a legal prescription, they can’t deny you the job based on just the drug test. I believe that is true in the US and Canada.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)