Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hi from a new member!

Hi from a new member!2011-12-25T19:01:45+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am Hi from a new member!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

nellie

Ok well happy to report that I have accomplished creating a plan and determined that my basement project should be completed by next spring – in three phases! Yikes hadn’t realized that it was that bad! Phase 1 is 26 hours and I’ve started to schedule 2 hour increments into my schedule . SO far carved out 10 hours into my agenda and will reassess at that point. that puts me somewhere into September. EEK! No wonder I’ve never started. Oh well no time like the present – my first 2 hours are tomorrow AM.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Speaking of projects (I don’t know what it has to do with the new member, but hey, this is the TOTALLY add site) I finally cleaned out the room here. Before you say “that’s great”, actually, I got all the stuff out so I could refinish the floor. The rest ot the house is a mess with all the crap from this room scattered throughout. The other bedroom would put a dedicated hoarder to SHAME. I sort of got stalled (not intirely my fault, but indirectly yes) and things have been in this state of disarray for eleven days and counting.

Maybe I’ll get back on track tomorrow. 😥

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nellie – I had to snicker at this.. “Oh well no time like the present – my first 2 hours are tomorrow AM” If there was ever a line that described me, that was it.

Kc5jck – I’m the “new member” from seven months ago or so.

My progress? Absolutely nothing,but seeing progress helps build motivation.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

ok interim update – behind this morning – missed my appointment with myself by a half hour already. Got up late but think I’m getting one weird cold. Feel like I have a hangover but haven’t had a drink !! So anyway hoping coffee will revive me . Nevertheless, once I get dressed and walk the dogs I am determined to get started!

kc5jck – you’re right about a derailed thread if ever there was one! I keep thinking that I should start a project management one but then figure I could be doing something more constructive like managing a project instead!!! Well I’ll do it later then :-)….

carsonky – if it weren’t for “the present” I’d never get started on anything because I have all the stuff left over from the past :-) You know, that old clean slate theory!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Well happy to report that not only did I manage 2 hours but ended up toughing it for 4 1/2 which included carrying out a van load of stuff to give away. So still have lots to do but got more done than I thought I could.

I think what helped was that I stuck to the list of tasks I had made instead of jumping around willy nilly.I actually caught myself drifting from the task at hand but kept telling myself to stick to the plan .So yes so far – project planning seems to be a key ingredient to success!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Great news, nellie! Well done.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Thanks Tiddler! And how’s the room coming along?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey nellie – look at you go!! Well done! Thanks for reporting in – that has reminded me I have a committment for the 20th August and another for 30th Sept – those ones are in my hands. Trouble is, even if I remember then I’ll do a ‘kc’ and stall.

So, I’ll check in on Monday and confirm that I have given the builder the info he needs. That means I’ll need to collate it this weekend.

Hope your cold didn’t come to anything nellie. I always feel so cheated if I wake up feeling I have a hangover when I haven’t had a drink – most unfair.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL My husband has been sleeping downstairs all week (we’re training the dog to sleep down there after spending his first year in our room with us) and our room has descended into an absolute tip. So much for tidying it. I can’t believe how much mess I can make in such a short period of time without him picking up after me. I didn’t even realise he did it!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tid your husband is sleeping down stairs with the dog……….really????

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Good idea Tiddler to train your dog to sleep downstairs. Mine used to sleep in my room until they got too old to manage the stairs. Now they (and recently he) is happy downstairs. Problem is your dog will just follow your husband back upstairs again so you’ll have a few nights of angst. Don’t give in to his (the dogs!) pleas to go upstairs, he’ll soon get used to it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s probably another confession.. I haven’t slept in my actual bed in probably 3-4 months. That’s the big one.. as I mentioned, I can’t even open the door hardly. I HAVE made progress in the living room though… it’s about half way done and when it is complete, I can start digging things out of the bedroom to sort in there. How’d it get this bad? :|

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Well I got a lot done in my basement this week-end and I can actually see the floor, sit on the couch and it looks much better. However, still not the beautiful hangout space I’m envisioning. That”ll take lots more work in terms of getting rid of stuff. I think I’m suffering from a bit of overwhelm today after finishing the easy decision stuff. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow. On the one hand thinking I should take at least a day away and on the other worried I’ll lose the momentum if I don’t keep to my schedule!

And Scattybird, I know what you mean about feeling cheated so I made up for the lack of a hangover the other night :-) ALthough it wasn’t all that bad and only slowed me down a touch!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

This is thread is up in the top 20 for me (considering there are probably thousands of threads, that good) I bet lot’s of folks are like me, and struggle with even talking in public about how much we struggle with putting things away when done, junk mail, shredding etc. This is a big issue for me. I recently got my apt about 85% clean, and I insist on believing we really can change some of our ways. I’m making real progress with simple things like putting dishes in the sink and even rinsing them!. I’ve put away the countless books that I’ve read about 2, maybe 3% of. I think keeping my home a little more neat and organized makes a huge difference with my mood, and self esteem. Thanks for sharing gang :-)

8-19-12

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Robbo – A bit of a late reply but I can relate to the mail shredding. I finally got it done last night. I set Netflix to a show I like and five shows later, the shredding was done. It took up nearly my entire trash bin before smashing it down with other things. I saw some unopened mail from 2011. My living room however is a vicious circle. I get it looking pretty good, get distracted or busy at work and before I know it it’s in chaos again. Just a matter of changing 40 year old habits…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)