Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hoping other's can add to the positive's having ADD.Here are a few I have found!

Hoping other's can add to the positive's having ADD.Here are a few I have found!2012-07-15T03:04:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved Hoping other's can add to the positive's having ADD.Here are a few I have found!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

ashockley55
    Participant

memzak! Interesting point about the hyperactive/positive outlook versus the inattentive/depressive outlook.

I know someone who was diagnosed with ADD earlier in their life than I was. From what she’s told me, she acted out in school and had a lot of anger issues. She took medication to get through college, then stopped for whatever reason. I don’t know if she developed good coping skills, or has the right job, or the right home situation, or all of the above, but she definitely has an active, positive, take-action outlook on things. She succeeds.

Me, on the other hand, I am the exact opposite. Hopeless and frustrated with my inability to concentrate on difficult or mundane tasks to completeion, also often feeling paralyzed to even start these tasks, I turn my life over to the television, or else, seeking stimulation of some kind, I go off shopping.

She is a Tigger, I am an Eeyore.

Anyway, I find your hypothesis resonates, memzak.

Also, another solution, I always select/highlight, right click, and “copy” what I’ve written just before I hit “send” just in case something goes wrong – if it posts, great, if it doesn’t, I can then “paste” it into a word document so that I haven’t lost it, and can try again. You can try that in case you don’t like the idea of composing in a separate program.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)