Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I forgot to shave my armpits

I forgot to shave my armpits2012-04-08T23:23:09+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! I forgot to shave my armpits

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

ashockley55
    Participant

There I was in the shower and it’s Armpit Shavin’ Day, which is the day upon which it is incumbent for me to shave my armpits before going out in public where I might raise my hand to reach something or for some other inadvertent reason and expose my hairy armpit.

I thought to myself, “I need to shave my armpits today. It’s time.”

Then I thought, “Oooo, I’ve got a great idea. I’m shampooing my hair now. Why don’t I shampoo, then put my conditioner on, shave my armpits, because you know I never let my conditioner set for a couple minutes like it says to, so this would be the perfect opportunity to let the conditioner set on my hair, while I shave my armpits.”

Then I conditioned my hair, then I rinsed it immediately out, then I was toweling off when I realized I forgot to shave my armpits.

๐Ÿ˜ก and ๐Ÿ‘ฟ and ๐Ÿ™„ and ๐Ÿ˜ฏ and :(

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t you just hate it when that happens? Will anything bad happen if you do it on a Monday? :)

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hahhaa Bellamom – nothing bad will happen if ashockley does the deed on Monday, but I bet that this evening as she reached up for something or other, the man of her dreams was watching. That perfect man who….,no wait – silly me…..if he’s perfect he will be too polite to mind. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps this perfect man loves hairy pits – the hairier the better!

Ohhh – what can I do to chase that image away?

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL I have been thinking about this sort of thing.

When I was old enough to get into the bath on my own, I spent years getting in with my socks or pants still on.

When I started wearing a bra, it was years before I remembered to take it off before I got in.

I get out of the shower without rinsing conditioner off, or without remembering to put it on in the first place, or with only one leg shaved…

I often wash twice because I’ve forgotten I’ve done it. I can tell because my skin feels different after it’s had soap on it – drying and smoother – so my hand recognises the feeling but my brain hasn’t caught up.

I don’t get into the bath with underwear on any more, but sometimes I’m actually stepping in before I notice there’s something I’ve forgotten to take off.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Tiddler – I thought you meant at the start of your post that hairy arm pits was the something you thought about often!

So to read on was a relief and made all your forgetfulness almost a relief!! LOL.

I sometime re-wash because I forget where I got to but you beat me with the underwear in the bath! It might be a clever energy saving system.

I went to work the other day and forgot to do up my shirt buttons and realised as I walked to the car I was exposing more than I ought in civilised society so I quickly did them up. A few hours later one of the students at work cleared her throat in a catching my attention kind of way and signalled to my blouse. When I looked down I had mismatched the fastenings and looked like a freak. The stupid thing is I was aware I felt uncomfortable but didn’t think to check why.

Bellamom – keep thinking about ashockley’s hairy armpits and Tiddler in the bath with her socks on.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Scattybird – bringing up a whole new set of issues when I will not stop giggling in certain situations – say at field placement?!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Oh Bellamom – a field placement is just the perfect place to find hairy armpits! Go look

girl!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Sorry ashockley – but you’ve started a whole new theme and you thought it was just about forgetfulness! :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scattybird, my field placement IS in a church with only 3 weeks to go. I can see the report from my supervisor …

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

Update: pits shaved. and growing. :-D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scattybird – “The stupid thing is I was aware I felt uncomfortable but didn’t think to check why.”

I feel like everytime I do something stupid, this is true! I’m like “Wait.. I knew something was wrong/uncomfortable/etc- WHY DIDN’T I THINK TO LOOK?” ARGH!! D:

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Twilightfades – that’s wonderful. It makes me feel better. It is odd though isn’t it. That ARGG feeling just keeps popping up!

Bellamom – sorry! I am a biologist so to me a field trip is a few days in a forest or up a mountain or in a swamp somewhere. Definately more conducive to hairy armpits than a Church. I hope I shall be forgiven for such a thought. Hahah.

Ashockley – thanks for the update. Designer stubble is a much better look!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

“The stupid thing is I was aware I felt uncomfortable but didn’t think to check why.”

I know this feeling. My undies didn’t feel right all day but I didn’t think to check why. The waistband was awfully tight. Finally, toward evening, I stopped to figure it out. Yes, one of the legs was around my waist, and the tag at the back of the underwear was imprinted on my tush.

Scattybird – I am not very reverent, nor are most of the people in this particular church. It’s part of why I like it so much.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Bellamom – wow – you must be in good shape! I couldn’t get the leg bit of my undies around my waist without causing serious internal damage!

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@ashockley55 – It was only in the early 1900s that hairless pits became the fashion for all “decent” women. Perhaps you had a past life, at a time when only loose women shaved their pits.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)