Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I forgot to shave my armpits

I forgot to shave my armpits2012-04-08T23:23:09+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! I forgot to shave my armpits

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

ashockley55
    Participant

I went through a phase in the late 90’s when I didn’t shave my armpits or my legs!! 😯

I am inexplicable.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Larynxa – they say all fashions come round again in full circle!

Ashockley – inexplicable indeed! :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s not that inexplicable! I know a ton of young women who don’t or rarely shave anymore- especially their legs. I only really shave my legs if I have a specific reason to, and that is rare! I couldn’t not shave the armpits though.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

twilightfades – fair point – although the whole thread is a bit tongue in cheek.

But when you reach a certain age (and ashockley isn’t there yet and you’re not either) – but when a woman gets to a certain age then any hair is unwanted, with the exception of that on ones head – and at that certain age the idea of thinning (head) hair suddenly becomes frightening, even if it’s not going to happen for another 25 years!

So all you youngsters – rejoice in your liberated hairyness and us oldies will continue to wax all those places where you youngsters have yet to learn about. 😯 :D

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

ohhhhh Scattybird, me thinks I know of what you speak!!!!

I have to wax my chin and neck (yes, neck, like, from the bottom of my chin to about four inches down) every week, and I still have hairs – dark, thick, stubbly ugly hairs that appear on my chin and neck in between waxing.

This started happening when I was taking an antipsychotic back when I was bipolar. 🙄 I stopped having a period, and gained a LOT of weight, and sprouted hairs everywhere – my chin, my neck, my nipples, my belly.

*sigh* If only someone had recognized the ADD earlier and put me on an ADD med instead.

Trouble is, I’m still having the hairs, even though my period came back and I lost most of the weight. I wonder if my hormones are still wonky?

Anyway.

But yeah – I’m a hairy, hairy beast.

:D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a memory of me as a 5 year old darling child, asking my mother why she had a beard and daddy didn’t, and what it was like in the olden days.

I now have to keep a fierce watch on the chin and neck hairs. Thank goodnes some of them have gone silver. And my eyebrows have gone curly.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hahah – maybe we should just do a twilightshades suggests and be natural. Maybe we should set a trend.

Ashockley – without sounding too personal, have you thought about getting yourself checked out. Things like polycystic ovaries can cause hair issues. At least I think I remember correctly – but I do have memory problems these days. Another age-thing which is different from the ADD memory issues. Double whammy!

Bellamom – you intrigue me. I thought you were young – but you are married and have silver curly eyebrows. I love this site. I have images of what you all look like and they change with each post.

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

Yes, Scattybird, I’ve kinda thought about that! I’ve had a physical done, including a gynecological exam done, and nothing of note came up, so I let it ride. I’ve wondered if I shouldn’t ask for more specific/sensitive testing. But……….I never get around to it!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scattybird, I’m 51 going on 18. My eyebrows, while curly, are still black, but it seems like every time I look in the mirror, there are more silver hairs sprouting on my head and my chin! At least I know it’s going to be a nice silver colour.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Ashockley – I know what you mean about not getting around to it. I am meant to have an annual blood test for kidney function and I remember my GP telling me to get it done in my birthday month and I’d remember. That was April 2011 and I haven’t quite got there yet so I ought to remember this month really!

Bellamom – well I approve – FAR better to be 51 going on 18 than the other way around! I am 49 going on 9. But I am growing up at the end of the week when I hit 50. OMG! I guess you’re proof that there’s life after 50. I am now somewhat grey (OK, very grey). I know what you mean about the nice silver colour – there’s nothing worse than that pee-coloured grey that some people go. (Apologies to anyone with pee-coloured grey hair.) OK – going to go before I offend anyone!! :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

lol at pee coloured grey. I so know what you mean!

I am 40 and found a grey eyebrow hair a while back. That was not fun! My head is still pretty grey-free though for now – an occasional one a couple of times a year so far. My dad is 60 and is only recently grey so maybe I’ll be spared for a while longer.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Wow – I was pretty grey at your age Tiddler. I started in my 30s – my cousins – one older and one the same age aren’t grey yet! Pah!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I’m fat and wrinkly though so it’s swings and roundabouts! :D

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

I have also reached the age where I can no longer say I’m prematurely grey.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)