Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I Stood on a Stopped Escalator

I Stood on a Stopped Escalator2010-12-30T20:32:03+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny I Stood on a Stopped Escalator

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was about 10 years ago. I had a long pedestrian commute into the city, which meant the same coming back home. One evening I left the office late, and with other activities going on in my life, I was exhausted.

Exhaustion and ADD don’t mix well.

So after coming off the train and exiting the turnstile, I followed the meager evening crowd towards the escalators. This was all done on autopilot (I’m sure you understand).

In a daze, I realized these girls were ahead of me on a different escalator snickering down towards where I was. I snapped out of it realizing I was standing on the adjacent escalator at the bottom… Standing there. Holding my bag. Going nowhere.

“Ohhhhhhhhh” I kinda said under my breath, “duh” and started walking.

If I were more awake, I would have laughed, too. I’m glad I gave those girls something to laugh about for a long time.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went to one of my sisters’ house this evening. When I showed up, she looked at me sideways, “Is your sweater on backwards?” Something did feel weird upon thinking about it. Turns out the V was in the back. My brother-in-law was like, “Well! Bathroom’s down the hall! haha!”

I’m always happy to start the evening off with a good laugh… though not usually on purpose.

Day 1 of 2011 :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i went to a job interview once wearing 2 different shoes. didn’t notice til afterwards. apparently neither did they because i got the job! …then again, it was as a user consultant at a university computer lab in the 80’s – they may have either been desperate or figured that quirky was good. ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

I once got my school lace caught in the bottom of a “Movator”, (which is like an escalator only it’s a ramp) at the local Wal-Mart. Coming down the Movator behind me, were people with shopping carts, and I couldn’t get out of the way. They started trying to back up the ramp, but there were more people behind them. It felt like being in front of the giant boulder from Raiders of the Lost Ark or something. I looked around and saw the emergency stop button, but I couldn’t reach it.

I managed to get my lace free, just before the cart ran into me.

Afterwards I was left wondering. “Why didn’t I just take my shoe off?” :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been diagnosed 2 xs my life with this. Never got around to doing anything about it. First time in the 60s Doc told my parents I had a nurilogical disorder and would probably grow out of it. LOL Worst time was 10yrs ago returning a U-haul trailer. Went around the block seven times before I finally didnt pass up the driveway for the business. They were mile long blocks and I had to turn the radio off saying ” I WONT MISS IT THIS TIME!!!!!” Everytime I went by, i’d say I wont miss it this time. 8th time I made it but i’ll never forget it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ivriniel

You gave me my best moment of the week! I’ve seen one of those ‘movators’ at a WalMart (although I think it is now long gone) and I was always a bit apprehensive on the thing when I was pushing the baby stroller. There! That’s how long ago it was- my last baby is 25 now.

Anyway, your story reminded me of an incident that happened to me at Pearson (the Toronto airport) when I returned from a visit with family out west. I was travelling alone with the 3 kids and hubby was to come pick us up at the airport. Well, somehow or other one of my suitcases became jammed in the chute and all the following pieces of luggage kept building up like a huge bulge ready to blow. There’s not an employee in sight and now everyone’s luggage is flying every which way so hubby jumps up there (in his suit/tie combo, boiling hot terminal- AC seems to be non-functional) and he’s trying to pass every piece of luggage that’s forming the bulge, over my ‘stuck’ suitcase, and back onto the carousel.

What was he thinking?! Well, my suitcase finally blew wide open and spewed its contents everywhere. *sigh* NOW I laugh when I think about it but back then…let’s just say I was dumbstruck. (that doesn’t happen often, or maybe at all) Someone finally showed up to try the thing off and clear up the mess but I don’t think I was even able to speak unti about 20 minutes into the drive home.

I couldn’t believe he thought he could throw luggage as fast as it came out. Gee, he’s not ADHD so we know he doesn’t have the superhuman powers that we do!

Anyway, I’ve been out of touch with the site for about 3 weeks since I’ve been going through my own personal work traumas and have been doing 21 hour days non-stop. Not good, I know. Lots of tears, feelings like I wouldn’t get through this period of time. (another name for the stress would be the govt’s new report cards)

However, long hours were the only way I could get through what I needed to get done. First order of business was to come on here to be amongst friends since I knew it would refresh my spirits and I’d missed hearing about what was happening in everyone’s life.

You’ve made me smile again!

Best news? It sure worked! I feel great now. What is it that Reader’s Digest says? Oh yes, ‘Laughter IS the best medicine!”

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)