Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I *tried* to get a planner today…

I *tried* to get a planner today…2011-03-15T07:13:48+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments I *tried* to get a planner today…

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

We went to 3 stores because I want a pretty one (heyy I will be looking at it everyday!)… finally I decided on a “student planner” from Staples (that was over priced)… I get home to realize it begins in JUNE! (or July? IDK it doesn’t start NOW so it doesn’t matter!)

I feel so stupid about this… I can’t believe I completely looked over such a big detail!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice one! :P yeah, student years begin at funny times. grrrr! damned students being all different on purpose to try and catch us out! :(

why don’t you print out a few months of free planning sheets online, and stuff them into the front of the pretty book- get a practice run going so that when june or july comes around, you’ll be a planning pro and not end up filling your planner with whiteout and illegible scribbles- or as in my case: white empty pages and a million bits of scrap paper. :D

marks for effort count a lot. don’t be disheartened.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK Jen and I was waiting for you to tell me where those planning sheets are ..located where?????? Are they on this site somewhere i over looked them?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

nooo I’m determined to find one today!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never could get those things to work for me. Somehow, they always wind up neglected after a few weeks. I’m trying to analyze my habits and develop a system that works a little better.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where do we find online planning pages?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

via google?

i just googled ‘day planner sheets free’ and this is the first listing: http://www.diyplanner.com/templates/directory

i like the whole free opensource creative commons licenced nice people doing things for me type malarky. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

gameguy- you have to do something like 40 times in a row before it turns into a habit, apparently. maybe make doing your next days planning sheet a ‘do before cleaning teeth before going to bed’ thing and commit to it for a month- it might stick. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got one at Target… on clearance because its Jan-Dec of 2011… $3 bucks! yay me! I’m already using it… this is good… I wish it was a purple or pink cover… its green but it’s better than plain black! The pages have a cool botanical type flower print background. I went to about 7 stores to find the right one (and one that is usable now not in JULY!)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just be careful with what you decide to get. Being ADHD, and learning what works and doesn’t through the years… I find that the most plain ones work better… only because I know myself, and want something that won’t distract me. ; )

Basically, I want something to flip to and jot something down ASAP before I forget the details… and not be sidetracked by Ooooooo how pretty is that flower, wonder what it looks in Black and White… I wonder if my cat, being as colorblind as she is, thinks it’s pretty too, is it pronounced Meed or Med, wonder what the world would be like if there was an eighth day… *ponders* God must have ADHD because dang is he creative or what??!?! Ah crap… what was I supposed to do on Wednesday again. Dern it. : / See what I mean? ; )

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I bought a new wall mount calendar that you can change from month to month at Costco. I have about 30 calendars around the house for longer term planning but most things you only need month of. I use it to plan spending, pay cheques, kids appointments, dr and dentist appointments. Longer term stuff gets put on one of the calendars mounted in the kitchen.

Every month I transfer the things from the main calendar onto the one above the computer desk. That way when I am planning things I can look up and see what we have going on. It also have a place for notes so you can write things on it that you absolutely need to remember. I have two calendars in my purse but I usually just use those to stash a little emergency cash in, and if I need a calendar for looking up something while we are out. If I don’t remember to transfer anything from these onto the calendar above the desk or the one in the kitchen then it usually gets forgotten, or it is like a tooth ache. You know there is something you should remember.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me it has to be pretty or I won’t use it at all… I am a highly frivolous person… and I have no intention or desire to change it… I went to 7 stores to find a pretty one. It will distract me more if it isnt JUST or CLOSE TO what I find esthetically pleasing… I will obsessively think about how much I hate looking at it.

We have a dry erase board up we use it for items we need from the grocery store etc. (mainly weird non-everyday items we run out of)

I have another one on the fridge itself it has a month grid on it… good for work schedule etc.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have bought 5 different planner apps on my iPad and 2 paper planners, they all look very nice but are completely empty :|

REPORT ABUSE

Gryffindork

I love my smart phone with its alarms & reminders & agendas & so forth.

Had a heart-stopping moment the other day with my phone doing something weird…I wasn’t sure if it was going to come back to life. It did.

I have all my phone numbers & addresses backed up with a paper address book, but I no longer want to lug around a day planner, even a small one. I can put my phone in my pocket.

I realized I must go back to keeping a paper calendar, as well. I keep a list printed on brightly colored card stock, hanging where I won’t miss it. One side is A.M., the other side is P.M.. Each side has my list of simple daily things I must do in the mornings & evenings. You know…plug in phone, pick clothes for tomorrow, make lunch, take pills, etc. Little things that keep my life in order. Both sides have “Check Calendar”. Morning & evening I compare my written calendar against the agenda on my phone & update both. It only takes a minute, 2X a day.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)