Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I wonder what percentage of folks with add/adhd are left handed?

I wonder what percentage of folks with add/adhd are left handed?2011-10-16T05:40:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community I wonder what percentage of folks with add/adhd are left handed?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Robbo

Right on! I think maybe I’ll start feeling like I fit in here. I could relate to most of the ambidextrous folks the most. It pissed me off when I go to the music store. Why such a small selection of left handed guitars? Many left handers are forced to learn to do many things right handed. A radial arm saw absolutely gives me the creeps. The big giant ones at home depot. What if the person who changed the blade before you worked on it didn’t tighten down the nut enough? If that 12 inch blade came loose it would go right fREAKin through a lefty standing right in front of the thing. I was at a home depot a month ago getting some oak to make a new cutting board, the dude who cut it for me stood right in front of that blade as it was spinning so fast you could hear the wind! ACK!! horror nightmare creepville!!! LOL. When I was a carpenter I think I should have named myself “lucky” until I finally got injured. Us lefty’s need to be extra careful with right handed tools, huh? I would have hit more home runs if the coach had the brains to ask me to try batting left handed. That’s a fact. Thanks for letting me vent.

Marblehead

P.S. Why are scary movies so dang funny?

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Saw nuts are self-tightening – the more the blade is worked, the more it would tighten it. I’ve found on my own table saw and RAS that they are often tighter when I go to change blades than when I put them on.

I tried using a left-handed circular saw once – didn’t like it at all – went back to the “normal” style.

BTW – I’ve got a Sears/Craftsman RAS, tried to get a duplicate owner manual since mine was lost – ended up at a radial arm saw recall page.

Edison Electric, the company that made the Sears saws, is supplying me with a new full guard and table kit for free………….

Another BTW – I know about saw blades and flesh…… first-hand…………. OUCH! 47 stitches later……..

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Hmm, yeah that’s true billd, I should have remembered that. I think it’s just some mild kind of phobia. Sometimes I’m a little bit like Monk. But I’m also accident prone, so I have a love/no love relationship with danger. Mostly, I get a thrill outa scaring the crap outa myself . But much less as I’ve gotten older. 15 years ago my surfboard and my motorcycle were my two best friends. People mostly just rejected me.

When I first watched that Monk TV show I got a little self conscious, mostly I just laugh. I get grateful that I haven’t been traumatized like he was. OCD can sometimes be kinda like a hobby. Endlessly re-arranging stuff on those rare occasions when my home gets as clean as I like it. I almost can’t stop making things more symmetrical. I had a girlfriend that used to kid around with me about always fine tuning how the junk in my apartment was arranged OCD stuff. Later, when she became a bully, she said I was just neurotic. I am a little bit neurotic. I’m not really sure what the definition of neurotic is. But I feel like a weirdo. It’s a bummer when people look at me like I’m a weirdo. I got depressed probably because the ADHD symptoms were making me miserable and life was just plain too dang hard. It’s been getting easier for years, This site has greatly increased the self improvement/character growth part of my life. I’d like to write better. It’s good to be practicing more on this site. It’s cool not having my writing judged and ridiculed. The “have you ever considered the fact that you may have add?” kidding here is okay. People can’t resist, I get that.

I shouldn’t show up here without at least a small part of my sense of humor functioning. Some folks are really suffering from this impairment. It ain’t funny for us many times. But I’m sorta stuck in clowning around mode a lot of the time.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Accident prone? Just ask my wife about me…………..hmmm – scary, you are sort of describing how I am at times, too.

Keep the sense of humor – even if you shut it down a bit, never turn it off, keep it idling in the background, just in case…….

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)