Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I wonder what percentage of folks with add/adhd are left handed?

I wonder what percentage of folks with add/adhd are left handed?2011-10-16T05:40:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community I wonder what percentage of folks with add/adhd are left handed?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Robbo

Is there any research about why some people are left handed? what’s different about us. My grandmother used to try to make me do things right handed as if there used to be some kind of taboo about it. I’ll run a search sometimes soon, but I’m betting people from here will have an answer faster than I can find one. I get lost surfing a little too easy. It’s not cool to ask people to do work for me, but if it’s an easy answer I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Lefty :o)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The medical reason is that the right hemisphere of the brain develops a little faster than the left, causing the left side to become more dominant. As you might recall from science class, the left hemisphere controls the right side and the right hemisphere controls the left.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wooohoooo a poll………LEFT

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Same here. Lefty.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I am right.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Right but……… kind of ambidextrous… Sometimes I think I have 2 “left” hands, but I can play musical instruments, so can’t be completely klutzy??? :) Handwriting – atrocious with either hand – best if i just type stuff…

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

Hey GameGuy, left or right? I’m right with ambidextrous tendancies. Infact i do use my left hand sometimes to do things instead of my right and I used to play the piano.

So far 3 lefts, 3 rights and one unknown.

Yahoo answers says approximately 10% of people are left handed. Very Interesting.

REPORT ABUSE

inthefog

Stash
    Participant

Just to keep the balance – I’m a righty! And none of that ambidextrous stuff either. Oh, and atrocious hand writing even with my dominant hand. Grade 5 teacher told me I “wrote like a boy”. Nice thing to say to a 10-yr-old tomboy!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@memak – Left, definitely. Some things I do with my right, but most is left.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im a lefty

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Left, HOWEVER, 2 sons – the left-handed one is not ADHD, the right handed one is.

Their mother is left-handed and NOT ADHD in any way.

My mother is right-handed and ADHD, her father was right-handed and ADHD.

I use my right hand to shave, brush teeth, comb hair, and use scissors. I can’t do ANY of those things with my left hand.

Otherwise, I can’t even hold a pencil let alone write my name with my right hand. I found years ago it would have been impossible for me to play right-handed guitar and all gun use is with left hand. But I’d cut myself shaving if I had to use my left hand to shave.

No, my teachers made very little effort to change what I did with which hand………….

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

As I recall from when I took Special Ed part one, no link has been found between handedness and Learning Disabilities or handedness and ADHD.

For the record, I’m a lefty.

Mr. Ivriniel on the other hand who is, imho more ADHD than me, (he hasn’t been diagnosed, but when he says things to me like “Don’t put the garbage pail under the sink. If I can’t see it, I won’t use it!”, there are huge flashing signs) is right handed.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right, mostly, but I do some things with my left hand and some with either hand. My ADHD son is a righty.

REPORT ABUSE

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

Right handed here :-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)