Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

"If you were ready to change then you would…"

"If you were ready to change then you would…"2011-01-05T05:01:51+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Sad "If you were ready to change then you would…"

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

WOW toofat , keep going, better then any book I have found,

jenmod thanks, for your profound understanding, we are a determained lot

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

:)

this whole square peg round hole thing is stuck in my head now (that, and i keep reading ADHDORNUTS as ADHD Donuts and getting really bloody hungry!) and my thoughts on the matter are:

-its probably better to be 4 times more sharp and edgy, than it is to be continually going round the bend comfily with the rest of the round pegs,

-why would i want to be jammed into a hole anyway? resist the holes, people! if there are are any holes to be jammed into, i’mma make my own, and get in it when and if i decide to.

to steal from apple:

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

the beat generations called squares ……. well, squares. That peg-hole thing has been on my beleaguered mind, too. Gettin’ jammed, too. A square is is predictable, something I’ve wanted to be, but then I think, I might be more kinda blobbery and could more well conform with a little practice to a roundable turn rather than the tight corner holes who have pegged me as a non fit. The world has plenty of square holes. Listened to A Day In The Life (Beatles) to see if I might get a purchase but it was as I remember, they counted holes because they had to for some untold reason. Like 3 Dog Night I’ve never been to England, but poor Blackburn from what I hear. Oh yeah, this was about changing. Seems I am. I used to hate change.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Graham,

I am to 48yrs old as well and been diagnosed recently and now accepting this ADHD thing. I was wondering if you had been diagnosed much earlier in life and if your 18 yr old adult son has/had been diagnosed as well……..

Pegs ? round ? square? Crap I was the tree that they just chopped down and decided I was not a good enough grade of wood to be milled even as little pegs so I was shredded as mulch……

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

njadd

Sorry no spell or grammer check on this one

yes my son was diagnosed back in the junior grades, with his Moms insistance. I have been learning little by little sence then,and i go though learning curves, ( am just going to wing this post see how i do i would usually have to use spell check before i would send anything but i fill comfort here so will just try this) I just reecently steped off of a learning platoe i hav been on,

shreded and mulched eh, always in a hurray r u ( wood is destined to break down and become soil again, grow new things and such, maybe better to grow new things then sit cross grained in some hole.i have built my own timber frame house, twenty years ago and i understand it is just as analigy, but oh oh gone(aaaa maybe my brain will come back to that another time)

I sure know what u mean though, never really had a spot to fit into,for myself,but i have always had big dreams for myself,and along the way keeped very occupied with those dreams, and in my younger years if you didnt fit into my plans, then i would not wait for u to move or even ask you to, i would just step around what was in my way,material or other wise, so much to do so little time on this earth, have alot of thins going on in my head and life at all times, i have tryed parmasuticals and do notice a change when on them, (not now) and i do agree that aad is not me, it something i need, need the harnness, and i do mean need because if about 95% of the population dosn’t have this than thats ok because i would not know how(or if i would want to) at this point be comferable being like most people, to much time and effort to get wher i am, but i would like some more guidance now,

i do self med, nic,thc, i fine these to be better predictable side effects—

this is this very first note, email, or post i have ever sent without worry bout the spelling and gramer,I can not write well but i love to use as many words as i know when in discustions,sorry and on and on and on i hear that alot

thanks for theinterest

G

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the quick reply…. I hope that MOM is still your partner and confidant. I know of some of the struggles to be a parent of an 18 year old today let alone a 18 year old with ADHD. I hope and wish you and your significant other all the best . Please use your resources to there fullest and be persistant and consistant and share in the joys of liffe itself. It seems that there is some great information out there so try to keep abreast of it and I might suggest you and your family continuously educate yourselves. Share lifes trials and tribulations not only as parents of an ADHDer but as a partner between you and your significant other as many strides regarding treatment seem to be in the pipeline that may offer some ease in the understanding and treatment of ADHD.

NJ

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh, yes,she is my wife of almost 22 years, and my saviour, yes a lot of info, but just small pieces at a time is all i can handle,we are all growing just some (me) r slower then others,

thanks

G

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Being 64 and finding ADHD as a prime act in my life I have to think YES, things would have been different. I would not be dealing now with my adult children being diagnosed, I feel sure I would have suspected ADD and looked for symptoms. Yes, it would have been different. Even given my early penchant for rebellion an honest thing of my character is I have always tended in the end to do what I think is right. Maybe what’s right has not always been what the masses preferred, but right enough. Anyway, regrets are a dime a dozen for me and I’m sorry to have been so resistant to the idea something was amiss with me, and someone didn’t see and intervene BUT I have to deal with today and look to tomorrow. I’m not pissed and even chuckle about it, the simplicity is just too simple and the revelation a godsend. An old saying- ‘who cares how you got here, what are you going to do about it ?’ comes to mind. I’m reminded here I should be looking to the plusses and finding others who can do what boggles me. Through my own hardships I think I’ve become softened to the plight of others, and hope to be more gentle with myself, as I might be with anyone else. Have to ask now- ‘who cares why you’re a late bloomer, what will you do with it ?’ Hey, maybe I’ll be able to change notpoppin to poppin.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I often wonder where does my AAD start and stop or who is me? seriously all the people I’ve met,without AAD(I think)

I wouldn’t want it any other way, afraid I might not fit “Normal “any better Popin will not change you ( I don’t think) just open up new questions, u are u one way or the other, live and be open to learn, and you r

G

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Something like that has been on my mind, too. I could blame EVERYTHING on ADD, but I have to think that in some circumstances I was not so good or moral. That’s looking back, which could be of some benefit to own whoever I’ve become. At one time when I was in my teens I wanted to be someone else, somebody rich and on top of life. Good thing today I want to be me, a better version of me and am not looking much left or right to guage myself. Good thing because I’m gonna be me as is or as I become. Seems I can dream a little but it’s not reality and I know it. I know I’m different, but so are ‘they’ no matter how alike they are with the others without ADD, they still have differences. Maybe I’m a further different, but still, there’s no “Normal” I want to be either. Would really like to accomplish some things, maybe even be appreciated for some accomplishment. Maybe to model some noteworthy known ADDer ? Maybe anybody with a few revisions. At any rate I agree that “Normal” isn’t a comfortable idea. Maybe learn how to be me with new information. Things are kinda draggin’ at present, but there’s always more so hope to sift out some more good stuff.

NP on the way to P

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ah ya we are special, Well accomplishments are growth, you are 64 ,accomplished that didn’t you, you have many accomplishments, maybe because you want to change and get some insite into this thing you don’t give yourself credit enough, for where you where last mount, last year, last decade, I tend to be hard on myself as well,

AADHD, oh I stare into bright head llights at night (must be aadhd) ya I have a very low tolerace for stupidity in people with little comon sence (must be aadhd) I am losing my hair (must be aadhd) I love to just watch people interact (most people are strange)(must be aadhd) u get the point, it and me ,we r one

Does the wind blow just until the storm gets to us then stop, no it blows on, not for the storm but with it, and also in the sunshine, the wind will dry out what the storm has soaked, or is it the sunshine, everything works togeather, when it’s damned well ready,

NORMAL keep that away from me, please

G

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)