Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I've started a blog about my adhd journey. Strange dream.

I've started a blog about my adhd journey. Strange dream.2011-08-13T13:51:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story I've started a blog about my adhd journey. Strange dream.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Tiddler

http://adultadhdjourney.blogspot.com/

I don’t know if this link will work or if it’s even worth anyone’s attention, but I thought it would be useful for me to document it for myself.

But I do mention the dream I had last night and wondered if anyone else had similar dreams when they were starting to find out what was ‘wrong’? Here it is for anyone who doesn’t want to read the blog:

I was using a heat gun on a disk of metal. The disk was small but I couldn’t see the whole thing at any one time. It was full of holes and I was fixing them. The holes were all the same size and equal distance apart. I was aware that other people could see that, but I couldn’t. I was filling them with a liquid that became a tough, clear solid when it was heated. There were lots of holes and I kept spilling the liquid on parts of the disk that were fine, but I was determined and I kept going. I kept moving the heat gun before the liquid had properly hardened. Although I wasn’t getting it done ‘properly’, slowly but surely the holes began to fill and harden and the disk was being repaired. Before I woke, I was aware that the disk was going to be okay.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I had a dream like the one you were describing.

Here it is:

The e-books replaced books and I hated e-books–missing books too much. The library had databases full of e-books. That is where I uploaded the e-book virus. This was my first time I have ever created a destructive electronic virus. The funny thing I created it on my e-book devise and when the virus destroyed the e-book I knew I had got it right.

Months later the virus had hit the internet and destroyed tons of internet sites. In fact, it destroyed computers’ screens has a hole–a big black hole in the screen.

People had given up on electronics mostly computers and e-books were officially dead. E-book companies went bankrupt and people had to go outside for once.

Children played on the streets and the eccomenmy boomed strangely, because people had to do math by hand. Calculators had holes in the screen too. Grades went up and teachers learned how to teach children. Every child had an individual planning education based on their needs. Most of dumb students became smarter then the gifted students.

Then I decided it was time to give people computers back and electronics back. The only problem people no longer trusted them in their lives. It took years to electronics to be big again but it did happen.

Unfortunately for them I still had the virus and I was the only one that had the cure. In the dream I never dreamt that I used the virus only that if I decided to–I could install the virus again.

That was my dream. One of my favorites.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

a blog is a good idea and a great way to keep track of progress and differences. as some will be gradual and difficult to detect. I don’t think I would have noticed many of mine if I had not been posting it. Many of us here are sort of doing that, but in a collaborative, random, disorganized multi-thread sort of way. lol. you may run into a couple as you search. I found it very helpful, even though I couldn’t tell you where all my posts are.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thanks for the replies, and for sharing the dream.

I’m having a few dreams around this suddenly. They seem to have a theme of vulnerability but optimism – fixing things and a sense of calm.

I’ve been having dreams about raging storms at sea and warfare all my life. Calm dreams are a pleasing but confusing surprise!

The recurring dream I’ve had most of my life is where I watched a plane in the distance. I had to keep watching it or it would fall out of the sky/drop a nuclear weapon/explode. In the dream I always forget to keep watching it and then there’s carnage. And it’s my fault.

I don’t feel like that at the moment. I feel like none of it has been my fault. That’s a pretty good feeling!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dream often and I remember them often. I used to have a dream log in college, where I would begin to write out the dream before i fully woke up. Facinating to realize how much you forget in the few short minutes of fully waking up. Not sure why I stopped.

The dreams that I have had consistently since childhood have been that all of my teeth fallout ( supposedly a sign of unhappiness…usually seemed to match) or that I am running in a open area trying to escape “something” chasing me, and then I trip off the most miniscule thing…and then again, I am being chased by “someone” and as soon as I get to where I think I can get help, like one time I found a phone booth,(you can get a sense of how old this dream is) and I actually had a dime,(yes, long time ago) but when I went to put the dime in the slot it swelled to such a large size it would not fit.

I also rarely hhave good dreams without some kind of “stressor”. When I rarely have a sexual dream, I never can fufill my desire because I always exclaime that I am commited to a relationship or something. Isn’t that pathetic?

Oh you have gotten me started now…a question I have yet been able to answer, when dreaming do you heaar people speaking to you or do you just know what they are saying? I do dream in color, never really understood that question, why would you dream in B&W consistanttly? Although I understand you could have dreams in B&W if it had some significance to the dream. Ok I will shut up now. Thanks for reading, although I probably lost everyone after the second sentence!

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

@lakelly I had to write my dreams down for a month. My professor wrote on the dream journal and stated it was interesting.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Laddybug3, the dream journal I wrote in college ended up on a bookshelf in our family room. My oldest son, a voracious reader, yes he has ADHD and is not medicated, is a voracious reader, ALWAYS has a book in his hand, that he is reading, not just holding. ( thought i should clarify)

When he was quite young,there was one passage in there that I must admit I was a bit embarrassed that he read. I think I would have had to edit my journal if it was going to a professor…maybe not, some of them were quite appealing to me, teehee. ( yes, i really wrote tee-he)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Tiddler congrats! I’ve had my own (non-ADD) blog for about 6 years (I keep abandoning it and coming back to it). I hope to get an ADHD blog going soon, too.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thank you. I’d love to read it if you do.

I’ve posted another entry. I think it’s going to help a lot to try to keep track of my feelings in it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

No more dream entries? Interesting, I thought this would have been a buzzing forum…sweat dreams!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I dreamt I cheated on my husband. :( I know it’s about impulse and learning to control it and I’ve been just not worrying about being impulsive/scatty/disorganised/chaotic etc etc and finding out what it’s like to just be me without holding it all in all the time.

But that’s not even something I want to do so I don’t know what that was about. It was a pretty miserable dream with a lot of people really mad at me.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

hi, is it that you are finding life a little boring?if so maybe tell him about the dream and the two of you can roll play and spice it up a little this might take away the boredom .he might enjoy playing.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tiddler, I would not read too much into it….remember I reported previously that I never can in a dream, not even with Colin Firth or previously Alan Bates. I think trashman has a good suggestion, unless that isn’t where the two of you are right now. I pretty much share my dreams with my hubby, half the time i don’t even think he is listening. Will it make you feel better to share?

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thanks both. I already told him about the dream. He thought it was funny!

We’re really rock solid and have no problems in that area. I really think it’s about worrying that my impulsive behaviour will mess things up. I’m trying to let go of the anxiety about it and it’s having a really positive effect on my life but I’m also making more silly mistakes as a result. I guess it was a dream about the most stupid mistake I could make and how much it would damage my life – even though it’s not something I want to do, if that makes sense.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

is part of self sabotage, becarefull not to be lead away in your mind and have the rest of you follow. this is easy to do for us adders.this may sound silly but it is very real. you could derail you life and it would all get started in a over active add brain. so stay in control of your thoughts or they might start controlling you. good luck

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)