Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I've started a blog about my adhd journey. Strange dream.

I've started a blog about my adhd journey. Strange dream.2011-08-13T13:51:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story I've started a blog about my adhd journey. Strange dream.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

trashman

just tell yourself you’r in charge of your choices. and it sounds like you are making all the right ones.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thanks, trashman. I think maybe counselling would help me, because at the moment I think I’ve been controlling myself by keeping everything wound up in an anxiety state and if I continue to stay free of that I’m not sure who I’ll be. I’m okay with that I think, as long as I don’t start, as you say, letting my thoughts control me.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

My husband has added that there’s no point in me worrying that I’m going to do something that daft just because I dreamt it – unless I’m also worried that he’s going to morph into a sonic the hedgehog character and join a platform game, since that’s what he was dreaming about last night!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I ‘came out’ to a stranger today. It went pretty well. I wrote about it here http://adultadhdjourney.blogspot.com/2011_09_01_archive.html

To summarise for anyone who doesn’t want to read it – I just don’t want to hide it and if it makes sense to say ‘I’ve got ADHD’ that’s what I’ve decided I’m going to do. Today, when I actually did it, it went quite well, though my forgetfulness got the better of me minutes later!

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Tiddler, I’m totally about to copy your idea about documenting your ADD journey in a blog – it’s actually something I’d been wanting to write about for a while now, but the blog I already have isn’t anonymous enough, so I never really acted on the notion. You’ve inspired me to finally start one up! I’ve started the account and now I’m off to finally post in it! I’ll put up the link here once I’ve got the entry done.

I’m following your blog and I’m enjoying it! Keep posting!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Thank you quizzical. I’m looking forward to reading yours.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Tiddler

I love your blog. It’s really well written with a lot of warmth and humour. I can’t work out how to subscribe to it, but I’ll have another go later.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Thanks for reading, Tiddler, and I’m so glad you like it so far!

It was really fun to get started. I actually love to write quite a bit. Ever since I put up my post I’m finding that I have about a gajillion topics in my head that are all jockeying to be The Next Post, which is a really good sign!

I just figured out how to add a subscription button to the blog, so it’s there now. I’m new to WordPress, so I’m still working out the navigation. I imagine as I get more familiar with it the look of the blog will probably evolve in many stages, so be prepared! :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)