Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

long list of disasters..

long list of disasters..2012-07-18T19:43:59+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Dumbest Thing I've Done long list of disasters..

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Like some of you I’m trying to think where I should start. We have jokes in our family about me like I fall upstairs not down, Or walking on or I don’t have to worry about falling while on ruff Terrain because I only fall on smooth flat surfaces. You know dinner is done when the smoke alarm goes off. I had an electric stove with heating elements that I kept liteing on fire. My husband got me a glass topped one because it would be harder to light on fire (notice I said harder, not impossible) and I lit it up a month after getting it but thankfully didn’t crack the glass. I no longer set things on fire mostly because I don’t cook much anymore, I was wasting a lot of food burning it. I have had so many burns cooking things that I’m an expert with burn first aid now, and really good at putting fires out. Did you know that eggs will explode once all the boiling water has evaporated. What a mess! And never plug too many cords by a swivel chair. Eventually. they will tangle under the chair, one will break, and it will electrocute your child and husband. Child is fine, husband has a scar on his arm. Boy, I better stop there, its kinds depressing.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Struggled all through school, In an out of college 5 times, almost flunked out a few times. Tons of job losses. Have had 43 or 44 jobs my entire life and I’m only in my early 40’s. Struggled with relationships too. Tend to be quick-tempered, also been called aggressive. Been married once but that ended in divorce with no kids. If marriage happens again fine if not oh well. Just tired of constant disasters. Ready for some achievements for a change.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Heh, now we’re talkin’….disasters and I are Siamese twins….jobs? where to start. I’ve almost been killed through my own stupidity. On more than one occasion. Once was in a Chemical Plant. What was I thinking? I must have been suicidal at the time… At more than a few places I’ve been called Frank Spencer. I worked as a helper for a roof tiler for a week or so, but on one of the days I was hanging from a gutter on a two storey house by my shirt. I must have looked like a tea-bag dangling there. I fell off the roof a few times. On the ground I managed to wreck a stack of tiles. I don’t know how I did it, and I’d defy any forensic investigator to figure it out either. But I did! Somehow. I managed to burn a meal in a slow cooker for Godsakes! Is that normal?

Feller above me, I could just copy and paste your post, except mine would be worse. Flunked. High school drop-out. I’ve had well over 100 different jobs and we’re the same age. I am married, but if I had money I’d have been divorced years ago. If I was on a desert island by myself, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, thousands of miles from civilisation, I’d still somehow be able to incite a riot, get myself arrested, cause an unholy uproar for as many that would be calling for my execution, would be an equal amount demanding not only clemency, but a pardon, and I’d be looking for somewhere to hide!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh dafiloola,

Your swivel chair story is too funny! (well, not to hubby and child!) But then again, why do you feel it is your responsibility about him being electrically shocked? He has eyes in his head to note where the electrical cords are and if they are being wound up in the chair’s base.

He can take some responsibility for that disaster! 😆

REPORT ABUSE

Ginniebean

I’ve made it a non negotiable rule, if I am cooking I can’t leave the kitchen. Liberal use of timers might help as well.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)